Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Generative Answers - Logic and Reliability

Posted on by 52

Hi, I'm trialing generative answers and I'm having some inconsistencies I don't quite understand.

I asked the same bot the same question, once in the test environment and once in teams. The generative answer queried Sharepoint and answered the question in the test environment. The same question was unable to be answered when asked in Teams. This question is being answered by the system topic "Conversation Boosting".

brodiesky_0-1685420661218.png

brodiesky_1-1685420668298.png

How does this work?

Additionally, I have a question regarding the Generative Answer module in custom topics vs in the Conversation Boosting topic. For the life of me, I cannot get the generative answer to reliably work with a Sharepoint link. I add a link directly to the file, to the folder, to the entire Sharepoint site, and Generative Answers just keeps producing a blank result.

• ragavanrajan Profile Picture
    ragavanrajan 6,972 on at
    Re: Generative Answers - Logic and Reliability

got it now. Thank you @HenryJammes 

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

@ragavanrajan this is the exact same place where you should see these permissions.

See below:

HenryJammes_0-1688037534161.png

Maybe contact your tenant administrator?

ragavanrajan 6,972 on at

Thanks @HenryJammes 

The given documentation doesn't say anything about Files.Read All or Sites.Readall. 

Thanks again for your quick response @HenryJammes 

HenryJammes on at

@ragavanrajan I have no idea why you don't see them.

It should be the same steps as these: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configuration-authentication-azure-ad#configure-api-permissions

ragavanrajan 6,972 on at

Thanks @HenryJammes 

Could you please clarify the below 

ragavanrajan_0-1688032046749.png

I am trying to add API permission for my app registration. I couldn't see the above two under SharePoint Delegated permission. 

ragavanrajan_1-1688032148460.png

Thanks 

• MinL Profile Picture
    MinL 40 on at

Thanks @HenryJammes  for the suggestion. I have submitted a feature request.

HenryJammes on at

@MinL wrote:

@HenryJammes ,

Thanks for the answers above. will it possible in the future that using "Only in Teams" will work in Teams for the SharePoint and OneDrive for Business data source? We have internal PVA chatbot on Teams, which users no need to manually sign in. It make sense that for the chatbot on Teams to access internal Sharepoint data source. Now since it is not working for "Only in Teams" if we change to "Manual", does it mean everyone will need to manually sign in each time when they chat with the PVA bot when they already sign in to Teams?

Thanks,

Min

Hi @MinL,

This makes sense, though I'm not sure it's possible because the Only in Teams authentication doesn't give access to the user access token (Add user authentication to chatbot topics - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn), and that token is needed for delegated calls to the Graph API, in order to only return content the connected user has access to.

Can I suggest you open a feature request here?

https://aka.ms/PVAFeatureRequest 

Henry

• MinL Profile Picture
    MinL 40 on at

@HenryJammes ,

Thanks for the answers above. will it possible in the future that using "Only in Teams" will work in Teams for the SharePoint and OneDrive for Business data source? We have internal PVA chatbot on Teams, which users no need to manually sign in. It make sense that for the chatbot on Teams to access internal Sharepoint data source. Now since it is not working for "Only in Teams" if we change to "Manual", does it mean everyone will need to manually sign in each time when they chat with the PVA bot when they already sign in to Teams?

Thanks,

Min

• Verified answer
    HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @brodie-sky 

You need the "Manual" Azure AD v2 authentication to be set up in PVA, as well as Files.Read.All and Sites.Read.All delegated and consented by an admin in your app registration.

Using "Only in Teams" doesn't work in Teams for the SharePoint and OneDrive for Business data source.

This is documented here: Generative answers with Search and summarize - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn

Henry

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics