Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

Issues in the bot created using PVA in Teams

Posted on by

Hi Team,

I have created a bot using PVA in Teams and I want the bot to start talking first. I checked the article : Automatically start a chatbot conversation - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs, but since I am using PVA in Teams, I do not see the bot ID. The only channel active for me is Microsoft Teams. Is there a way where I can go and get my bot ID so that I can proceed forward?

Thank you 

Tanya

• zafarshamsi Profile Picture
    zafarshamsi 85 on at
    Re: Issues in the bot created using PVA in Teams

PVA Chatbot repeating responses in teams.

• micchow Profile Picture
    micchow on at

@Anonymous , by default for Teams the bot will greet the user when they install the bot for the first time without needing any configuration.  You can find more information on bot's behavior on different messaging platform here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-fundamentals-publish-channels#channel-experience-reference-table

The link you referred to earlier is specific to bots being added to a webpage which does not apply to your scenario.  Also as FYI, to find the bot ID, you can do so by going to Configure -> Channel -> Microsoft Teams -> Submit to admin for approval -> download manifest.  The bot ID is the GUID included in the packageName field.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Please, vote in this idea: Teams - Configure your bot to start the conversati... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@Anonymous 

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

Today, you can use this article only if you are deploying your PVA inside a Custom website because you need to use JavaScript and CSS file to do it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics