Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Administration / User.DisplayName not s...
Bot Administration
Unanswered

User.DisplayName not showing in MS teams

Posted on by 4

I've created a chatbot (Preview) and topics which have only one "Message" component to print out/show the User.DisplayName  

it works fine when tested by "Test Your Bot" but after publish to teams it not showing the displayName. 

• ManikandanS Profile Picture
    ManikandanS 252 on at
    Re: User.DisplayName not showing in MS teams

Is there any recent update on this issue?

• JoseA Profile Picture
    JoseA 20 on at

The staff stated that the bug is being tracked and will be solved before the general availability. 

The preview release will have bugs, the best thing we can do today is to submit any feedback including bug reporting.

• BahaaMusa Profile Picture
    BahaaMusa 4 on at

Any update, I am still have this issue while using (chatbot preview) with MS Team

• Re: User.DisplayName not showing in MS teams

In the preview, Teams support was a late added feature and may still have some issues.  We are currently tracking this item as a bug in the preview slated to be fixed before GA.

• sarah99 Profile Picture
    sarah99 10 on at

I'm having a similar issue. My authorization is set as 'Only for Teams'. I created an action where the User.DisplayName is used to search for user details with power automate, however when published I get this error in automate 

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Get_user_profile_(V2)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The resolved string values for the following parameters are invalid, they may not be null or empty: 'id'

when checking the input parameter it says this

{"error":{"code":"AuthorizationFailed","message":"The authentication credentials are not valid."}}

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics