Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Administration / Testing a bot with aut...
Bot Administration
Answered

Testing a bot with authentication - AADSTS9002325

Posted on by 16

Hello all,

trying to get a test bot to authenticate with Azure AD and getting the following error after following the setup guides on Tomasz Poszytek blog and via the 5 minute power platform video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9mi88V91Q

I get the login button on the test bot then a new page opens and I get the following error.

Error

Sign in Sorry, but we’re having trouble with signing you in.

AADSTS9002325: Proof Key for Code Exchange is required for cross-origin authorization code redemption.

Troubleshooting details If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.

Copy info to clipboard

Request Id: 564dd2ab-a278-4855-9576-a982a5541b00

Correlation Id: 9e58626b-d5e0-48dd-bac2-4d297b41b21c

Timestamp: 2020-05-17T15:51:56Z

Message: AADSTS9002325: Proof Key for Code Exchange is required for cross-origin authorization code redemption.

• niajaix Profile Picture
    niajaix 2 on at
    Re: Testing a bot with authentication - AADSTS9002325

An problem with the Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE) configuration may be the cause of the "AADSTS9002325: Proof Key for Code Exchange is required for cross-origin authorization code redemption" error. Examine the authentication route of your bot to make sure PKCE is applied correctly. Verify the settings for Azure AD apps, client secrets, and redirect URIs twice. If the problem continues, you might want to speak with an AI chatbot development company for more specific help with overcoming authentication difficulties. They can offer their experience setting up safe and reliable authentication methods for your bot.

• rvphilip Profile Picture
    rvphilip 2 on at

I had a similar issue with a sentiment analysis bot that I was recently working on. I think the main issue here is that NLP is not stable with the platform independence. I used TensorFlow and scipay for developing the bot and I think the proof keys for these are not similar to the existing ones like python or JS. There have been similar issues previously where chatbot development services that I developed were having issues in the authorization. I hope in the next cross authorization update these issues will be solved

• Verified answer
    niknaks456 Profile Picture
    niknaks456 16 on at

Sorry for the delay, if the only time I have had to review it again.

I revisited this page and started all over again.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configuration-end-user-authentication

I also removed it first as it may have been holding onto something but appears to be OK now in my test bot.

New issue is I cant add it to an existing topic, the option to add auth doesn't appear but does if i create a new topic, frustrating.

• cabata Profile Picture
    cabata 314 on at

hi @niknaks456  plase make shure you have copied the same URL auth in your app in Azure AD and in PVA that could be the problem. Next you can do is try to replave some characters in the APP azure AD key, see sometime is necessary to change the + character to url encode code. You can try looking the codes here https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.ASP

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @niknaks456 ,

Any updates?

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @niknaks456 ,

Can you take some pictures of your scenario?

- Inside Permissions on Azure portal

- Inside your Authentication panel on PVA portal

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics