Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

How to custom default error message when power virtual agents can't connect to power automate?

Posted on by 4

Hi,

I'm developing a PVA chatbot and integrate to MS Teams channel. 

hptruc_0-1677151586620.png

I want to custom default error message of PVA to notify a helpful message for end user when chatbot can't connect to Power Automate. I haven't found any solution for this yet. Could you help me suggest a solution?

Many thanks,

• darylvogan Profile Picture
    darylvogan 40 on at
    Re: How to custom default error message when power virtual agents can't connect to power automate?

Oops, NM

• darylvogan Profile Picture
    darylvogan 40 on at
    Re: How to custom default error message when power virtual agents can't connect to power automate?

Is this still not possible? My bot, in Teams, still defaults to "Hello, I’m xxxxxxxxx. How can I help?"

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @hptruc,

These capabilities are planned for general availability this May 2023: New and planned features for Power Virtual Agents, 2023 release wave 1 | Microsoft Learn

Henry

• hptruc Profile Picture
    hptruc 4 on at

Thank @HenryJammes 

The preview feature looks amazing! Do you know about the timeline of these features being released to prod?

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @hptruc,

This can't be customized in the production version of Power Virtual Agents, but the unified authoring canvas, now in preview, has an "On Error" topic that you can customize: Use system topics in Power Virtual Agents (preview) - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn

So, you can tweak / customize the error message based on the error code, etc.:

HenryJammes_0-1677153822221.png

Henry

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics