Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Chat module in Teams necessary for a PVA bot?

Posted on by 7

For most of our users the chat functionality in Teams is disabled. But since a standard PVA is an individual app in Teams I have still hope that this chatbot could work also for users without the chat functionality?

Can anyone help me out with it? Thanks in advance

Categories:
  • MattJimison Profile Picture
    MattJimison 577 on at
    Re: Chat module in Teams necessary for a PVA bot?

Yes, anything you deploy in MS Teams that comes through as a Chat agent is going to be affected by having Chat disabled in your tenant, but as I mentioned, there are several other channels you can publish a bot to, including a custom website or mobile app. Hope that answers your question 😉

Find this post helpful? Please mark it as the solution and/or provide kudos so that it will help others in the future.

Cheers,
    Matt

• Thomsch Profile Picture
    Thomsch 7 on at

Thank you @MattJimison 
    Is it the same with the Bot Framework regarding the need for the Chat module?

Thanks

• MattJimison Profile Picture
    MattJimison 577 on at

@Thomsch even though you install the bot as an app, users interact with it via chat, and the bot appears as another entity within the chat list, as if it were another colleague. As a result, if your organization has disabled chat in Teams, then you won't be able to utilize a PVA bot unfortunately. However, you could look at hosting it on channels outside of Teams, such as a custom website, etc.

Find this post helpful? Please mark it as the solution and/or provide kudos so that it will help others in the future.

Cheers,
    Matt

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard