Skip to main content

Notifications

Introduction to the Power Platform
Unanswered

display image in sharepoint column

Posted on by
I am working in the construction industry working with a team of 5 to supervise the construction works. In my previous company I used to use Powerapps with Sharepoint to save inoweraformation and daily record photos to the attachments column of the sharepoint list, and then I worked out the powerapp canvas app to view the photos as well as asking my colleagues to upload the photos to the sharepoint through their handphone.

I changed job early this year and now working in another company. My current company do not give me powerapps license however I can still use sharepoint, list and MS teams with my colleagues here. I managed to use List inside Teams to save the photos to the attachment column. However, this time since I cannot use powerapps, I am not able to view the photos easily.

I tried other alternative such as using power automate to display the images as adaptive card but no idea why the image cannot be displayed properly.

I tried to search online for a solution but still cannot find anything relevant.

Can anyone give me some hints on how to solve this issue? Appreciate if you can give me link to some online tutorial so that I can learn it by myself. Thanks in advance.
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Ammar Zaied Profile Picture
    Ammar Zaied 72 on at
    display image in sharepoint column
    Since you no longer have access to PowerApps but still need to view photos stored in SharePoint, you can use a few alternative approaches. Here are some suggestions to help display the images:
    1. Use SharePoint List Custom Views:
      • You can create a custom view in SharePoint to show the images. SharePoint allows you to configure views, and there are ways to include attachments or links to the attachments in your custom view. Though it's not a direct image display, it allows easier access to the photos.
    2. Using Power Automate for Display in Teams:
      • Power Automate can send an adaptive card to Teams, but if images are not displaying properly, it may be related to how the image URLs are generated. When you upload an image to SharePoint, the URL of the image may not be accessible without proper permission settings or URL format issues.
      • Check that the images stored in SharePoint have accessible URLs for external use. In Power Automate, ensure the correct URL is used in the adaptive card with a proper format, such as: ![alt text](URL_of_the_image).
    3. Use a SharePoint Web Part:
      • If you are working within SharePoint, consider using the "Image Gallery" web part on a SharePoint page. This web part can be configured to pull images from the SharePoint library and display them in a gallery format. It can be a simple way to view images without needing PowerApps.
    4. Display Images with Microsoft Lists in Teams:
      • Even if Teams doesn’t offer a built-in feature to preview attachments directly, you can add metadata to your SharePoint list such as links to image files that users can click to view. This could be combined with standard Teams or SharePoint functionality.
    5. Power Automate Flow to Send Email with Image Attachments:
      • You can create a Power Automate flow that emails the images directly to your inbox or colleagues' inboxes. The flow can take images from the attachment column and send them as an email attachment or include the image URL.
    For tutorials and further guidance: These resources will help you explore the different ways to display or manage images without PowerApps. Let me know if you need further assistance with any of the options.

Helpful resources

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics