Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

Looking up costumer info in dataverse table

Posted on by 5
  • I'm working on a bot idea and totally stuck. Rn we are using the Office 365 premium and working inside teams (if it matters).

The idea is a bot that can look up consumer data (it's just a test, I know you need permissions to host it outside teams).

The idea is we have a dataverse table populated with the info but need a good direction to complete it. 

The way I'm thinking is when the consumer asked for info to look their up their phone number they submitted to the bot.

This will look up the info on their data and see of they have one or two of our items (we only have two objects we sell). If it's two, ask "which one is it"

The issue is I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I can't figure out how to get a RowID, I looked it up and they don't show up as dynamic cotent. I can't use a bound option because dataverse wants a different service?

Any suggestions and steps to the right direction would help me a lot! Thanks 

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Looking up costumer info in dataverse table

I don’t have all details of your scenario, but if your bot asks the user for a phone number, you can use the native PVA phone number entity to recognize the phone number in the user’s response and store is as a variable. 
    In a subsequent node, you can call a Power Automate cloud flow, pass the phone number variable as an input, and use the "list rows" action of the Dataverse connector to check if a customer has a matching number. 
    If yes, you can then do a second query to retrieve the related items and present the options dynamically to the user.

• DuperGoon Profile Picture
    DuperGoon 5 on at

I'm sort of more confused. 

So I need to do a "List rows" to get them to be dynamic and I can do the rest of the steps. 

I don't know what search rows has to do with it? I would basically want the system to get a phone number and then check if the user has one product with us or multiple, if multiple ask which product their having the issues with. 

I did enjoy your example of the adaptive card which I was looking into. 

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @DuperGoon,

The Dataverse connector in Power Automate is a premium connector and I don't believe it's covered by your Microsoft 365 subscription if you use the Power Virtual Agents Microsoft Teams app: Get access to Power Virtual Agents - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn.

To answer your question, the "Get a row by ID" action of the Dataverse connector requires that you know the record GUID, which is an internally generated ID. 

You can use the "List rows" action that allows you to use a filter, for example on the phone number (using OData syntax).  This will return an array.

In this article, we explain how to use the "Search rows" and return results in PVA: Return a list of results - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn.

I also tried to discribe how to return results from Dataverse dynamically, in an adaptive card, here: Solved: Re: How to create an adaptive Card for Multiple op... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If you're going to search 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics