Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

Seeking Guidance on Connecting SQL Database with Microsoft Copilot Studio

Posted on by 2

Hello Community,

I am currently working on a project, and I am facing a challenge in connecting my SQL database with a Conversational Plugin in Microsoft Copilot Studio. I have explored various resources, but I would greatly appreciate your insights and expertise.

If anyone has experience or knowledge on establishing a connection between SQL databases and Microsoft Copilot Studio, could you please share your recommendations, tips, or step-by-step instructions? Any guidance or pointers would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Looking forward to learning from the community's expertise!

• CU14080713-0 Profile Picture
    CU14080713-0 3 on at
    Seeking Guidance on Connecting SQL Database with Microsoft Copilot Studio

Hello Everyone,

Subject: Assistance Needed: Connecting Microsoft SQL Server Database in Microsoft Copilot Studio

I hope you're doing well. I am currently working on connecting a Microsoft SQL Server database within Microsoft Copilot Studio but have encountered some challenges. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share step-by-step guidance or any resources that could help me achieve this.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Best regards,
    Anil Singh

• RayBoone Profile Picture
    RayBoone 77 on at
    Re: Seeking Guidance on Connecting SQL Database with Microsoft Copilot Studio

I was able to get CoPilot to launch a Power Automate workflow to query data from a Power BI dataset. I believe the process would be very similar with SQL--instead of running a DAX query, you'd be running a TSQL query. One thing to note is that I believe the SQL connector may be a premium connector...can't remember. Here's what it looks like for Power BI. There is an "Execute a SQL Query" action in Power Automate.

RayBoone_0-1713537181777.png

• ArindamGupta Profile Picture
    ArindamGupta on at

I would like to know if you were able to do this successfully ? Please share insights

• RayBoone Profile Picture
    RayBoone 77 on at

Has anyone done this--created a Power Automate flow to query SQL and return information to a CoPilot bot? I'd love to see how this might work.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

What is the challenge? Can you elaborate?

• alaabitar Profile Picture
    alaabitar 1,509 on at

Hello @Ali-Haider 

For this I would recommend to create a power automate flow that can be called from Copilot Studio. In the Power Automate flow you will connect to your sql database and return the desired information.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update 9/9/24…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,705

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics