Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - General Discussion
Answered

Is it Possible to pass on a value without a Sharepoint Action from a PowerApps Trigger/Action?

Posted on by 19
Hello I hope you could understand my case,

I am trying to create an Email Notification flow that would get triggered once a user has attached the stored the file on the Power Apps.

However, the attached file could go under the same category from multiple columns. I have been asked to create an Email notification that would get sent several times if the category is shown on several columns, for this case as far as I know Power Apps could only get triggered by an 'Input', so the next clue would be that I configure in the Power Apps. Is this even possible without Sharepoint Action (Since I know that Sharepoint could filter the data and give a looping based on the amount of values found, unfortunately Sharepoint isn't allowed to be used at this case)?

Is there something I should do to the flow as well? (Apologies I am still very much of a rookie in Power Automate and Power Apps Linkage ...)
Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Is it Possible to pass on a value without a Sharepoint Action from a PowerApps Trigger/Action?
    Hello my apologies for the unclear direction, I have gotten this sorted already.

Thank You
  • Suggested answer
    FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 23,416 on at
    Hi,

What does this mean?
    I am trying to create an Email Notification flow that would get triggered once a user has attached the stored the file on the Power Apps

It is not clear, a user has attached the stored the file on the power apps.. sorry don't follow :-(

I see no images of categories etc so I have no idea how to help you with counts etc as I don't see them to begin with.

In the future remember to slow down, explain your issue (not lots of other stuff) just
    I want to do X

Then explain the process, the flow of your app/code and show us what its doing so we can help you.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,749

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics