Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Analytics / Custom PVA Analytics -...
Bot Analytics
Unanswered

Custom PVA Analytics - Data Fields

Posted on by 94

Hi there, 

I have recently followed the brilliant write up to build customer analytics in Power BI (Custom Analytics solution for Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Power Virtual Agents)

I have been reviewing the trace data that PVA emits (Understand conversation transcripts - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs)

Would anyone know what field would provide the users name? For context we use PVA for teams and users are all employees, we're hoping to identify who is using the bot and how often. It would be great to see how many sessions per user and even what topics they've used. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

• AlinaMartin Profile Picture
    AlinaMartin on at
    Re: Custom PVA Analytics - Data Fields

I created a Power Automate flow that will record the user and the topics used.  

Just use the create flow from PVA to go to PA and then use the add a row to a table.  It is helpful to create the table in excel before beginning.  Let me know if you need some additional details and I will be happy to share them with you.  

• Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 1,708 on at
    Re: Custom PVA Analytics - Data Fields

Hi @Matthew5,

As far as I am aware the Content field stores the user id:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/analytics-sessions-transcripts#content-field

Unfortunately, I don't think you can use it to identify users because it is hashed.

The ID is hashed before being written to the transcript for security and privacy considerations.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics