Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - General Discussion
Unanswered

Execute an Oracle query

Posted on by

Hi,

I have a requirement to connect to oracle through power automate and execute a query.

I was able to connect to the database, however when I run the query, I get a Timeout error since the data being called is too large. Is there any way to increase the time before the timeout.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Suggested answer
    SudeepGhatakNZ Profile Picture
    SudeepGhatakNZ 13,801 on at
    Execute an Oracle query
    As far as I know, unfortunately, Power Automate does not provide a direct way to extend the timeout period for database connectors.
    I'll suggest, try optimizing the SQL query to retrieve only the required data using parameters.
    Other option could be Logic Apps or Azure functions. They have control over the execution timeout.
    You can call the Azure function from Power Automate and let it handle the query to DB.
    Let me know how you get on.

PS: While Power Automate doesn’t allow you to increase the timeout for specific actions, it does allow setting a timeout for the entire flow. You can increase this by using the Retry Policy options in the action settings. You might also find this useful.
  • Execute an Oracle query
    I am trying to reach the similar goal as of yours, would you please share how did you connect to oracle through power automate and execute a query

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics