Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Analytics / No data in conversatio...
Bot Analytics
Unanswered

No data in conversation transcript table in dataverse

Posted on by 21
I created 2 bots from the Copilot platform. One bot is created in a custom solution we created. Another bot is created in the default solution.

After creating the bot and testing it. I am able to see the analytics visuals and its corresponding data directly from the bot page as shown below. For both the bots, data in visuals are visible from the copilot studio site.

My actual requirement is to get the data from dataverse into Power BI and use the bot analytics template provided by MS to create a report. The template is found here: https://github.com/microsoft/CopilotStudioSamples/tree/master/CustomAnalytics

I am added to the "Bot Transcript Viewer security role", so I do have access to the table 'conversationtranscript'.

Now the issue, when I am connecting to the dataverse table via Power BI, I am seeing zero rows. To verify that this, I went to the table directly in the dataverse and there too I am not seeing any data rows. Just the columns. Screenshot for the same below: 

Now the thing is, other tables like 'Copilot' and 'Copilot component' does have data and it shows the name, created date, modified date, etc. of the 2 bots that I have created. Only the transcript table is empty.

Please help me out here,
1. Why is there is no data in the conversation transcript table?
2. Where is the data in the 'Analytics' tab in the Copilot site actually coming from then? Is it a different location?

From all the various forums and blogs that I have read, everyone points to the conversation transcript table for the data. I did not find any alternative tables mentioned anywhere.
Categories:
  • MM-30091403-0 Profile Picture
    MM-30091403-0 2 on at
    Hello.  Also seeing the same issue.  In fact, the only role I can assign which will see the ConversationTranscript data is System Administrator on the environment, but this doesn't seem right.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Matt
  • RS-26091255-0 Profile Picture
    RS-26091255-0 6 on at
    Sorry the screenshots in my last message weren't very clear - the privileges enabled in both security roles are "Read" and "Write"
  • RS-26091255-0 Profile Picture
    RS-26091255-0 6 on at
    I am seeing exactly the same issue.

We are trying to use Power CAT Copilot Studio Kit to run tests against our Copilot. This requires access to the Chat Transcripts in order to run tests, which are currently failing. 

I traced the issue via the Copilot Studio Kit flow which is used to retrieve the transcripts - they are coming back empty. Indeed when I check the ConversationTranscript table directly, it is empty.

In Copilot Studio, I am able to see transcripts through Analytics > Sessions

Trying to give my user enough privileges for this to work, I created two new security roles and assigned them to myself with the following  privileges:

Security role: ConversationTranscriptReader

Security role: ConversationTranscriptReaderUser

• sdm_1997 Profile Picture
    sdm_1997 21 on at
    Also,
    I created a new security group and gave the 'conversationtranscript' table an organization level read access just to make sure there is no access issue at my end. 
    But even then, there is no data available in the table. So, access is not an issue. The data is not being stored there but it is definitely being stored somewhere. Since data is being updated in the Analytics tab of the bot in the Copilot studio site. 

Please let me know what else can be done or atleast if there is actually an alternative location where the data is being stored..

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics