Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Unanswered

Bot failing to end conversation in Teams correctly

Posted on by 4

I have successfully create a PVA bot and it works fine in the test web site. However, when I have it embedded in Team it asks whether my questions was answered. I select the answer as yes. It askes again and again whether my questions was answered to which I answer yes multiple times and then it ends with an I can't help you style message.

Seems to me that after the first initial yes there is an error or failure to process the request. However, this doesn't happen as I said in the demo web site and the bot functions perfectly.

Any suggestions?2020-05-30_10-30-24.png2020-05-30_10-31-18.png

Categories:
  • directorcia Profile Picture
    directorcia 4 on at
    Re: Bot failing to end conversation in Teams correctly

I mean it happens at the end of every conversation. When i am asked whether the bot answered my question it doesn't accept the answer and I don't see the simlie face survey as I do on the web.

• Gitika Gupta Profile Picture
    Gitika Gupta on at

We tested a Teams bot internally and answered Yes to the question 'Did that answer your question?' and things worked fine. It seems there is something specific to your bot. Can you elaborate on the comment that this issue happens with all responses, not just one? Thanks.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

I understand 😞 

@MarKol  @CleberM  @ggupta  Do you know anything about it?

• directorcia Profile Picture
    directorcia 4 on at

I have done all that.

I have published multiple time and nothing changes. I have removed the bot from Teams and re-added. Same result. 

The issue happens with all response not just one in particular.

I am answer 'Yes' via the button the bot presents. I click on that and it auto generates the lines (i.e response). The issue is a malformed URL somewhere in Team that is causing the issue I would suggest.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @directorcia ,

First, try to publish your chatbot again using PVA Portal >> Publish >> Publish.

Wait for 30 minutes and try again. If the error persists, maybe your problem is inside your conversation. Try to send just "Yes" instead of "@Jarvis Yes" because the chatbot maybe is not waiting for more options than "Yes" or "No, thanks".

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 137,998

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics