Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Administration / PVA for teams - bot fl...
Bot Administration
Unanswered

PVA for teams - bot flows and sharing

Posted on by 5

Hi, I have a PVA for teams, it seems when I share, that I also have to share my flows separately is that right?

It looks like I have to make everyone I then share with, an owner.  This makes me a bit uncomfortable...

• micchow Profile Picture
    micchow on at
    Re: PVA for teams - bot flows and sharing

@calamityj , this looks like a bug.

Can you share a screenshot on what the user sees when they chat with the bot but does not have permission to run the flow?

It would also be helpful if you could list out the steps of you sharing the bot with your end users.

• calamityj Profile Picture
    calamityj 5 on at

Hi @micchow - yes, that's exactly right ... I can't seem to allocate any permissions to the flow other than 

Owner, which worries me a bit too.

micchow on at

@calamityj to make sure I understand your scenario, the user CAN chat with the bot but fails when the flow is run. After sharing the flow with the user as an owner then the flow can be run?

• calamityj Profile Picture
    calamityj 5 on at

Hi @micchow yes, the bot calls APIs using the premium HTTP connector in power automate to do "stuff" - I shared the bot with a colleague, and it failed, until I also shared the flows.  But, to share the flow, I only had the option to add them as an owner - which didn't feel right.

Do you think then, that just sharing the bot with users should be enough?  

micchow on at

Hi @calamityj , are you trying to allow users who use your bot to be able to run the flows in the bot? If so, you don't need to share the flows independently. Allowing others to talk to your bot will not allow them to view or modify the flow in it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 137,998

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics