Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Error Handling / Power App “No dependen...
Error Handling
Unanswered

Power App “No dependent actions succeeded” automate flow that populates SharePoint List

Posted on by 8
I’m getting an error message in my power automate flow stating, “Apply to each” fail, “No dependent actions succeeded”. 

I’ve gone through a lot of forums, Copilot, and YouTube videos, and have yet to solve a flow problem.  I have a Flow that’s supposed to populate rows (29 columns with anywhere from 500 to over 2000 rows) from an Excel table to a SharePoint List (which feeds a Power App).  Excel table tracks employee attendance, and includes data points such as employee name, ID, date, etc..  When it runs, it populates the rows in the list, but sometimes either not every single row from the excel table, or more rows than are in the table.  Then it fails. 

I’ve attached screenshots below, but here’s also the settings:

Recurrence:  Once a day
Excel List rows present in a table:  asterisks filled then DateTimeFormat set to ISO 8601, and Pagination set to 5000.
Apply to Each:  Concurrency Control on and Degree of Parallelism set to 10
SharePoint Get Items:  Pagination set to 5000 and filter query set to filter by a merged column of employee ID and date (formatted as a whole number), no spaces or special characters in the merge.
Condition control:  where “length(outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'])” is not equal to 0.
If Yes:
                Apply to each (output from Get items)
SharePoint Update item: has a total number of 29 columns of text, numbers, and dates.  No calculated columns.
If No:
                SharePoint Create item; same total and types of columns

I’ve tried using the terminate action both inside and outside the loop, but doesn’t work. Unless I’m putting it all in the wrong place.  I’m really at a loss.

Please help!  Thank you!
  • Suggested answer
    FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 23,416 on at
    Power App “No dependent actions succeeded” automate flow that populates SharePoint List
    Hi,

Need you to please post pictures of the following
    1. A Full flow run
    2. The inputs in and out of those Action

There is something failing but no way to tell without seeing the flow run that failed. 

Very nice job though of putting in those pics (no sarcasm intended), just add the others and we will help you get it going.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,749

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics