Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

PVA Bot Search Excel Sheet

Posted on by 181

What is the best way to lookup in this case a specialty without actually entering every single specialty so that its selectable by the user.   This is the only way I know how to do this so that it guarantees a match.  Any ideas how this can be done better without me actually entering every single specialty? This is painful.

wherdzik_0-1695565435443.png

MGMA Descriptoin Standard

General Pediatrics
 Adolescent Medicine
 Allergy & Immunology
 Anesthesiology
 Bone Marrow Transplant
 Cardiology
 Cardiovascular Surgery
 Child Development
 Critical Care/Intensivist
 Dermatology
 Emergency Medicine
 Endocrinology
 Gastroenterology
 Genetics
 Hematology/Oncology
 Hospitalist
 Hospitalist-Internal Medicine
 Infectious Disease
 Internal Medicine
 Neonatal Medicine
  • wherdzik Profile Picture
    wherdzik 181 on at
    Re: PVA Bot Search Excel Sheet

@adilei sorry for the late response but I tried the entity approach and it was awesome! Thank you for that.

I wish I had premium licensing so I could do more with this.  Very cool! thank you.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at
    Re: PVA Bot Search Excel Sheet

There could be different approaches here, based on what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to avoid having to manage long lists of values, like specialization, and instead rely on an external api/database?

If that is the case, have look at the discussion here, which demonstrates how to retrieve a list of values during runtime, and use that list as options for the user to choose from.

But if you are trying to avoid choosing out of a list altogether and would prefer having users type whatever specialization they need, you can consider setting up a custom entity.

If you build a custom entity based on a list of specializations, and your question node will expect that entity, users will be able to type "Pediatrics" or "Genetics" and their responses will be validated against that list and stored in a variable.

List based entities also support synonyms and "smart matching", which, in principle, would make your question node more flexible. I.e. it would recognize some misspellings and match them with the correct value, and also make sure that synonyms, if defined correctly, are normalized.

For instance, users will be able to type "GP" and have "General Practitioner" stored in the variable linked with the question node.

I hope this helps, feel free to comment here with some more details on what sort of experience you are hoping to achieve.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 137,998

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics