Skip to main content

Notifications

Introduction to the Power Platform
Unanswered

Create account and buy license

Posted on by
Hi all. 

Let me start by saying i am extremly frustrated by the complexity of getting started using the power platform. Over the years i have created countless of accounts and subscriptions on everthing from games to websites and apps. It is usually very easy consisting of 1. creating an account by loggin in with any email. 2. Buy a subscription.

Gettings started using power platform is anoter story. I have used hours trying to figure this out without any luck.

First attempt
I have an old account that i have used with the developer plan. The free trial period ran out months ago and now i want to buy a per app license so that i can keep developling and practice building apps.
But... for some reason i cant find a way to buy the license. I have looked in the admin center under billing/licenses and in entra id. Both places i am unable to find a way to buy a new subcription. 

I also tried creating a support case :P but my "Plan" does not allow that even though i just want to buy the product. 

I have also tried... to create a completely new account to start from scratch with a paid subscription. I started by creating a microsoft outlook account.
When i tried to sign op for a free trial i get an error telling me that i need a "work account".  I aso tried just logging in with the new outlook mail but get an error telling me that i need a subscription. But how do i get a subscription for the account if i cant even log in?

Bonus question
Is there some way to contact microsoft support without already having a paid subscription?

Categories:

Helpful resources

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics