Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

Get info and documents from SharePoint aspx page

Posted on by 2

Hello

We have a particular aspx page in a SharePoint site, from which we need to fetch information and documents to a custom copilot. How can I achieve this? 

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    jhoffmann2 Profile Picture
    jhoffmann2 10 on at
    Regarding MSFT documentation, classic SharePoint sites and pages based on ASP are not supported by Copilot. instead, use modern pages. For reference see Generative answers with Search and summarize - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepoint-classic-and-modern-experiences-5725c103-505d-4a6e-9350-300d3ec7d73f.

Anyway, we found, it looks like it works somehow but I'm not sure about I can trust Copilot answers and replies. I feel, there're information lacking from time to time. Especially when it comes to personal information (PII).
  • remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at
    Indexing is done by the graph API - so if the page is already existing on your sharepoint and it is retrieved in the search results then you should be able to use it in your copilot

careful only modern page are supported in copilot studio:
  • MarkShark Profile Picture
    MarkShark 27 on at
    what exactly means "Give some time for the data to be indexed." ? Is this measured in hours, days, ... ?

Regards,
    Marko
  • Suggested answer
    Sohom Ghorai Profile Picture
    Sohom Ghorai 23 on at
    Hi , 
    To enable this setting , refer to the Knowledge section at the top of the page. Within the Knowledge section, select the option to Add Knowledge. Make sure to add your SharePoint site in this section. Please note that authentication must be enabled before attempting to fetch data from the SharePoint site.
    Give some time for the data to be indexed. The larger the file, the longer the indexing process will take. After a sufficient amount of time, try searching for a keyword, and Copilot will respond with the relevant data along with the document link.

• jthr Profile Picture
    jthr 10 on at
    They are launching the copilot sharepoint plugin soon.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,990

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,700

Featured topics