Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate Desktop
Unanswered

Recurring issue in Power Automate Desktop - "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Posted on by 2

Hi,

I'm encountering a recurring issue in Power Automate Desktop. At random moments, I get the error "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow." The error message keeps appearing repeatedly, and every time I close it, it reappears. This is preventing me from opening any desktop flow in Power Automate.

What I've tried:

• Updated Windows
  • Updated Power Automate Desktop
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the software

However, the issue persists. Below is the full error and a screenshot:

Error: System.OverflowException
Full error text:

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at System.Windows.Shell.WindowChromeWorker._HandleNCHitTest(WM uMsg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Shell.WindowChromeWorker._WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I appreciate any guidance in advance!

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 23,258 on at
    Recurring issue in Power Automate Desktop - "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."
    Hi

No way to give an answer. Its perfect that you shared the error, but now you need to share the code and flow details (actions etc) of the stuff around this error but in the Dev way so we can tell you what wrong.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard