Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Unanswered

Storing all chatbot conversation in to any Database alone with user inforamtion

Posted on by 24

Hello Everyone.

We have created Chatbot in Web and Published on Sharepoint Intranet Portal. 

Is it possible to store the all Chatbot conversation/History/Sessions into any Database like Microsost SQL Sever Management Strudio in the form of tabular column along with user information/system information.

Thank you in Adavance.

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Storing all chatbot conversation in to any Database alone with user inforamtion

Hi @NadeemAhamed 

You would need to parse the JSON content to better understand the conversation.

Something that might help you is this template Power BI report: https://aka.ms/PVAAnalytics

This page is also a good starting point to start exporting and manipulating conversation transcripts: Use custom analytics reports - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn

Henry

• NadeemAhamed Profile Picture
    NadeemAhamed 24 on at
    Re: Storing all chatbot conversation in to any Database alone with user inforamtion

Dear @mboninco,

Good Day..!

I am still seeking the solution for this, with out this i would not be able enhance my chatbot. 

• NadeemAhamed Profile Picture
    NadeemAhamed 24 on at

Thank your valuable time to understand and reply.

By using the above link i can export the conversation in csv file but not able to convert that to normal conversation so that i can understand the chatbot conversation for future chatbot enhancement.

Capture1.PNG

• mboninco Profile Picture
    mboninco on at

@NadeemAhamed 

It's possible, but it would be a little bit of work. You would need to read the conversation transcripts in Dataverse, parse the transcripts, and store the information in a database. You can find information on the conversation transcripts at:

Understand conversation transcripts - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn

On the page there is a link to sample code to parse the transcripts to recreate the analytics reports that are within Power Virtual Agents. You could extend this to pull out the information you are interested in and use a power platform dataflow to store in a database.

-- Mike Bonincontri

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics