Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

bot test successful for topics but not in the teams chat

Posted on by 4

I created several topics in the copilot by using Microsoft Copilot Studio from Teams.

I just wanted to test one of the topics so only that topic`s status is on and the others are off (a few topics are provided as default and I can not change that status showing "always on")

Bot Test was successful in the Microsoft copilot Studio in Teams, however when it comes to the real chat in Teams, I can not obtain the expected result and it is only replied "Sorry, the related topics are not found......."

What can be the cause?
Really appreciated if I can use the topics in my workplace as soon as possible.

Thank you!

• Audrie101 Profile Picture
    Audrie101 on at
    Re: bot test successful for topics but not in the teams chat

Thank you!

• MSFJ Profile Picture
    MSFJ 4 on at

Thanks indeed for your help.
    I don`t know if Turn on tracking in the copilot during the test in Copilot Studio worked or there was just a time lag (around 5-8 hours) between the test and the real chat in Teams, any how now I can see the same results in the real chat.
    If any other issue or question comes out, let me ask you again.
    Thanks!

• Audrie101 Profile Picture
    Audrie101 on at

Very interesting that it's working in Copilot Studio, but the same copilot is not working in Teams....

Try this: Turn on tracking in the copilot while you are testing in Copilot Studio. Make a note of the topics that are triggered during the expected conversation results. Go back to Teams and ensure that those topics are running there as well, look for any dependencies that might be missing (connectors etc.), and check the security settings (authentication details). This should help you pinpoint which specific topic is not triggering in Teams so that you can resolve the variance.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,243

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,555

Leaderboard

Featured topics