Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Initial Greetings Customizaton

Posted on by 7

Sorry, I looked for a previous thread on this. But I edited the default Greetings topic with custom message, but when first initiating the bot it still presents the default message "I'm a virtual agent. I can help....etc" instead of the custom message. Is that something that can even changed, or can we create a new bot without the default tops (like the lessons, etc)

Thank you! 

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at
  • ddildine Profile Picture
    ddildine 7 on at
    Re: Initial Greetings Customizaton

Thanks again, and this is bizarre, but I've followed all the articles I can find and this app isn't showing in any channels, etc. to remove it. I've checked the Teams apps, etc. 

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at

Hi @ddildine ,

try to uninstall your chatbot from Microsoft Teams, and install it again.

if the issue persists, raise a ticket from the Microsoft team, they can reset your chatbot or understand better: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/support 

• ddildine Profile Picture
    ddildine 7 on at

Thanks Renato, sadly that didn't seem to work, I still get this message

Hi! I'm a virtual agent. I can help with account questions, orders, store information, and more.
    If you'd like to speak to a human agent, let me know at any time.
    So, what can I help you with today?

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at

Hi @ddildine ,

Did you publish your chatbot? (PVA studio >> Publish tab >> Publish and wait for 30 minutes)

Did you send the "start over" message to reset this conversation?

To prevent disrupting users who are having an existing conversation with the bot, they will not receive the latest published content until a new conversation has started. A new conversation starts after it has been idle for more than 30 minutes.
    You may want to try out the latest published content in Microsoft Teams right away.
    You can do so by typing start over in an existing conversation.
    This will restart the conversation with the latest content you have published.

Look at this documentation: Fundamentals - Publish a chatbot to various channels in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,131

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,542

Leaderboard

Featured topics