Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

Converting Employee FAQ classic chatbot to copilot throws error "The function OptionSetInfo has some invalid arguments"

Posted on by 19

Hello,

I'm a newbie with Copilot studio, having been energised by the recent Microsoft Ignite. I have imported the Employee FAQ solution from Github, which comes up as a Chatbot (classic), as it was created before the copilot era but it works fine. 

However, I realised that to get the new Generative AI features I wanted to add to it, I had to convert the classic chatbot to copilot, which I did. The conversion seemed to work ok and I was then able to add the features I wanted, until I tried to publish the copilot. It threw an error "the function OptionSetInfo has some invalid arguments" on the Confirmed Success topic against one of the variables which appears to be set by the Power Fx formula: "OptionSetInfo(System.'CSAT Rating')". 

The new copilot version throws this error:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 08.14.34.png

The classic version has no such error and appears as shown below. Any help to solve the conversion Power Fx formula issue above would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 08.32.42.png

• Zedian Profile Picture
    Zedian 19 on at
    Re: Converting Employee FAQ classic chatbot to copilot throws error "The function OptionSetInfo has some invalid arguments"

Hello @HenryJammes , thanks for your response. Here is the link to the classic version that I used: 

CopilotStudioSamples/Templates/Employee FAQ at master · microsoft/CopilotStudioSamples · GitHub

From that you may be able to see that the CSAT score is available in the Confirmed Success topic. If there's any customisations, it's in that code version, which the Copilot conversion is not able to understand.

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Converting Employee FAQ classic chatbot to copilot throws error "The function OptionSetInfo has some invalid arguments"

Thanks @Zedian -- this isn't available in out-of-the-box classic chatbots, so I'm guessing some customizations have been done to get the CSAT score. As this isn't available natively, can you create a feature request so the CSAT score gets available as a variable? aka.ms/CopilotStudioFeatureRequest

• Zedian Profile Picture
    Zedian 19 on at

Hello @HenryJammes , the CSAT Rating variable is in the Confirmed Success topic. I should've clarified earlier. See attached.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09.08.19.png

• Zedian Profile Picture
    Zedian 19 on at

@HenryJammes , Thanks for taking time to look into this. The CSAT Rating is there in my classic version 'out of the box'. I have not changed any of the variables in either the classic or the converted version. All I have done so far is to copy the app to new copilot studio, and enable generative AI features which have no reference to CSAT.

HenryJammes on at

How did you get the CSAT rating as a variable in the first place @Zedian?

I don't see it in the classic version:

HenryJammes_0-1701785527754.png

• Zedian Profile Picture
    Zedian 19 on at

Hi @HenryJammes ,

Thanks for your response. It does sound a like a parity gap. The classic version lists the variable as a custom system variable:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 15.21.20.png

whereas the new copilot studio version is unable to find the same or equivalent variable:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 15.27.11.png

I wonder if it's possible to recreate a new variable with the same properties? I have not a clue how to as I'm very new to this. Just feeling my way as I go, but I'm loving the concepts!

HenryJammes on at

Hi @Zedian 

Interesting, it looks like the classic version allowed to capture the CSAT score as a variable.

Was that a customization? Was it the default CSAT control?

AFAIK the new version doesn’t make that score available at run time as a variable. 
    It may be a parity gap.

Henry 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics