Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

Resetting Fallback Count Value

Posted on by

Hi,

So someone asks a question the bot can;t help with, it increments the fallback count value. They ask the same question again in a different way, the bot still can;t answer and it increases the fallback count number. Each time it can't answer it checks if the fallback count is 3 or above - if it is it redirects to an escalation topic.

Within the escalation topic it automatically logs a case into another system and provides back the information to user about the logged case.

All the above is fine, however now the bot has answered I need it to reset the fallback count, as now if they ask another question and the bot can;t answer it goes straight to the escalation case instead of asking them to re-phrase the question.

I want it to reset the fallback count to 0 so that the user experience resets.

I have tried using the clear all variables action and this doesn't reset this particular variable. Nor can I manually set the value for this (the variable doesn't appear)

Thanks

• chrisuk01 Profile Picture
    chrisuk01 27 on at
    Re: Resetting Fallback Count Value

u for the response. I have added the reset conversation topic and it still keeps the fallbackcount value as as son as I ask a question it can't answer it goes straight to the escalation again..?

• citron-truc Profile Picture
    citron-truc 397 on at
    Re: Resetting Fallback Count Value

Good morning,
    I hope you are doing well. When you create a copilot, there should be a topic called "Reset conversation" that was created I believe. Trigerring this topic will reinitialise the value of your variable.

What you can also do is create a global variable (call it however you want), increment it whenever the chatbot can't answer a qusetion and do your checks on this new global variable instead.

Hope it helps,
    Have a great day.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,076

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,535

Leaderboard

Featured topics