Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / User groups / Cambridge Power Platform User Group / Global Power Platform Bootcamp 2022 - UK
Learning

Global Power Platform Bootcamp 2022 - UK

2/18/2022 10:00:00 AM | 2/18/2022 10:00:00 AM to 2/18/2022 5:00:00 PM Europe/London | 75 registered

2/18/2022 10:00:00 AM 2/18/2022 10:00:00 AM - 2/18/2022 5:00:00 PM 2/18/2022 5:00:00 PM Europe/London | 75 registered

Add to calendar
Online event

Speakers
Topics

Bootcamp, power platform, global,

Details
A Power Platform FestivalThis is a free, event-driven by user groups and communities around the world, for anyone who wants to learn more about Microsoft’s Power Platform. In this boot camp, we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by the experts and community leaders.This event will be hosted by Microsoft Teams.Friday 18th of February: 10 am-5 pm GMTAgenda10 am - Sancho Harker. Sancho is an Office365 and Microsoft Power Platform evangelist who specializes in optimising Power Platform Canvas Apps and in creating integrated low-cost Power Platform solutions. Sancho has been recognised as a SuperUser (#Appstronaut) on the Microsoft Power Apps Community forums since July 2019 and has been recognised a #PowerAppsChamp by Microsoft since November 2019 (https://aka.ms/MeetSancho). Sancho has been recognised as a Microsoft Business Applications MVP since May 2020Session: Make theming a breeze in your Power AppsSession Description: With the new version of my branding template, which is free for everyone to download and use, it is possible to change even the most obscure of a control's visual settings to a default value of your choosing, allowing you to create a customized template for your company or for your clients. This session will give a brief explanation of why and how I did it, how Microsoft utilised my idea to create a part of the COE Starter Toolkit, and the different ways you can use my template to create your own base template for creating Apps.10:30 am - Shane Young.Session: Should you be awesome at Power Platform? And if so how to get started on the journey.11 am - Serge Luca & Isabelle van Campenhoudt. Serge Luca (aka "Doctor Flow") has been 15 times MVP and is now a Business Apps MVP (Power Automates & Power Apps); he is based in Brussels (Belgium) where he works as a Power Platform Solution architect; he has designed more than 14 Enterprise Flow projects. He is an international & Ignite speaker and a frequent blogger. Serge has executed several assignments for the Microsoft SharePoint team (Redmond) across the world and has worked for Microsoft Learning as a Subject Matter Expert in SharePoint and in Workflow Foundation. He has trained more than a thousand developers in SharePoint. He is also the author of the famous Master Class Microsoft Power Automate and Master Class PowerApps workshops and helped the Flow team creates the "Microsoft Power Automate in a day" workshop. He is the creator of the open-source Power Platform BPM Toolkit available on GitHub.Serge worked previously as a researcher for the University of Namur (Belgium) and is also a Microsoft (USA) contractor.Session: Unified Governance for Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI with Doctor Flow & Isa.Session Description: In this session, Isabelle Van Campenhoudt (Data Platform MVP) and Doctor Flow (aka Serge Luca- Business Application MVP) will illustrate their proposal for a unified pragmatic Power Platform governance and adoption plan combining Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI. Even though Power BI and the Power Platform apps creation tools are different, the governance and adoption challenges remain the same. Conceptually, when it comes to self-service BI and citizen developers, the classical centralized governance approach does not fit the needs of flexibility required by the business. The presenters will detail the benefit of having a single polymorphic approach where the concrete associated actions can be product specific. Many elements of this governance have been experimented on the field by Isabelle during the last 5 years for Power BI and during the last 4 years for Power Automate and Power Apps by Doctor Flow. Many use cases will illustrate this session to be aligned with real-world requirements.12 pm - Tomasz Poszytek. A believer in enabling organizations to work more effectively helping them to achieve it by leveraging their effectiveness through their business processes digitalization and optimization. Having a strong analytical background being a Business Analyst for years, he has lots of experience in Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Bi), but also in Nintex or Webcon. He really enjoys continuously learning to stay up to date and to share his knowledge not only with his customers but with technical communities as well. He's building business processes and applications that are easy for users to stick to, so they can follow and understand them. Overall, he transforms processes to be more reliable and effortless. Co-organizer of Power Platform events in Poland and active community member, blogger, and international speaker.Session: Power Automate approvals advanced scenariosSession description: Power Automate approvals is a powerful functionality allowing business processes designers to easily assign a task to anyone in the organization and then design a process based on the outcomes. Assuming that the assigned person will complete a task is bad and can easily lead to failing processes. The built-in options, that allow tasks management only by their owners are usually not always sufficient. If you ever found yourself in a situation, where a task wasn't completed because the assignee wasn't able to do it, join me during this session to learn about possible approaches for managing tasks. During this session, you will learn: * What is the tasks architecture at a Microsoft Dataverse level, * How to use Dataverse approvals data to implement unlimited business scenarios, * How to design and build workflows, that allow automation around tasks, e.g., substitutions, reassignments, approvals on behalf, completion of approvals when a specific amount of responses is met, etc.1 pm - Nick Doelman.Nick has recently joined Microsoft as a senior content developer focused on developing content for Power Apps portals. Prior to joining Microsoft, Nick was a trainer and consultant focused on the Power Platform. Nick has been awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award from 2017 to 2021 and is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2019. Nick has been engaged as a subject matter expert in hundreds of Dynamics CRM/365 and Power Platform projects. Nick has a passion for promoting learning and collaboration to help others achieve success in their Power Platform projects and careers. Nick is also a competitive Powerlifter and has competed at the 2018 and 2019 Canadian Powerlifting Championships.Session: 101 session on Power Apps portalsSession description: Have you tried Power Apps portals in the past and found them awkward and complex? New features and capabilities are being added to Power Apps portals making them much more accessible to Power Platform makers and developers. Power Apps portals allow makers to build Microsoft Dataverse powered web applications and mobile apps for external users. This session will dive into the new features and provide an entertaining tutorial on how to quickly and successfully build a Power App portal!1:30 pm - Daniel Christian. Daniel is a performance-driven professional with a blend of leadership and business knowledge. He is an active participant in writing blogs and videos in the Microsoft Power Platform Community regarding deep integration with Azure Cognitive Services, Dataverse, SharePoint, and Teams. As an active speaker and influencer at events and social media, Daniel demonstrates his passion for being a big proponent of sharing his knowledge which has also made him a Microsoft MVP for 5 years.Session: Forms, Forms Everywhere but Which One Should I Pick?Session Description: Microsoft has a variety of no-code, low-code for forms and apps services available, so which one do I use? Join Daniel Christian, a Microsoft MVP, and certified trainer, as he walks you through these form options available and provides guidance on when you should use which one. This is a demo-heavy session with real-world examples.2:45 pm - Marcin Siewnicki. Office 365 Consultant and Architect I am Office 365 consultant and architect. I create applications and solutions that improve and facilitate work using Power Platform, SharePoint, and Teams. My adventure in IT began in 2005. Since then I have been creating and implementing business applications based on SharePoint and Office 365 platforms. I am a big fan of task and process automation (Power Automate) and Modern Workplace platforms (Microsoft Teams). Privately a husband, father of 2 sons. Fan of science fiction and cyberpunk, futurist. I co-organize the SharePoint Saturday Warsaw conference, speaker at Microsoft social events.Session: AI Builder 101Session Description: AI Builder is a part of Power Platform and provides AI to your applications and processes. You can enhance flows in Power Automate and applications in Power Apps. There are multiple AI models ready to use (prebuilt and custom) and you don’t need to code to work with them. In this session, I will show you what is AI Builder, when you can use it and why should you care about it. In details: - Features overview - How to quickly build a simple solution - Ideas and guidance when to use it with working examples - Pros, cons, and licensing model - Latest news and features.3:30 pm - Elizabeth Akinfiieva. I am a Senior Software Engineer at LogicApps AS with 5 years of experience working with Microsoft technologies and a passion for Power Apps.Session: Power App Portal: webpage customizationsSession Description: Summary of the ways of customization of PowerApps Portals with some code examples.4 pm - April Dunnam. April is a process automation pro and collaboration tool enthusiast. She’s a woman who codes but is passionate about teaching others to build apps and automation with zero code. She feels very fortunate to have a job where she can make that happen every day as the Power Platform Advocate Team Lead at Microsoft. This is a platform designed to help non-coders and coders alike build apps, solve their business problems, and grow their careers. Before joining Microsoft, she was a consultant and Microsoft MVP where she found her passion for making technical videos on YouTube.Session: Introduction to Power Virtual Agents4:30pm - Chris Hoard. Microsoft Certified Trainer Regional Lead (MCT RL), Educator (MCEd), and Office Apps and Services MVP. With over 12 years of cloud computing experience, he is currently building an education practice for Vuzion (Tier 2 UK CSP).Session: Securing Apps in Dataverse for Teams

Events you might like

10/31/2024 4:00:00 PM 10/31/2024 4:00:00 PM GMT Standard Time

Call for Speakers! Power Platform Autumn Event - 31st October 2024

Host group Cambridge Power Platform User Group

Sharon Sumner

10/31/2024 4:30:00 PM 10/31/2024 4:30:00 PM GMT Standard Time

Cambridge Power Platform Autumn Event

Host group Cambridge Power Platform User Group

Sharon Sumner

11/26/2024 8:00:00 AM 11/26/2024 8:00:00 AM Europe/Amsterdam

DynUG Høstkonferanse 2024

Host group Power Platform User Group Norway