Skip to main content

Notifications

Desk Booking & Reservation Power Apps Template

aprildunnam Profile Picture Posted by aprildunnam 704

I showcase my Desk Reservation system template built in Power Apps. This is a mobile based app that lets you book a desk and/or office space and keep track of your reservations.

This template could be used for many different scenarios like:

🖥Reserving Desks for Social Distancing

🏢Reserving Conference Room

🏫Booking appointments with a professor

💇 Salon appointments and Many more!

Download the solution here: https://github.com/aprildunnam/PowerApps/tree/master/Lost%20And%20Found

Categories:

Mobile App Design and User Experience

Comments

*This post is locked for comments

• EMKody Profile Picture EMKody 147
    Posted at

Hey @aprildunnam,

Would this room booking solution be able to show you a conflict for a future reoccurring meeting? We recently started using Room Finder in my tenant, and a small snag we have found is that when setting up a meeting room, it will only show you a conflict on the start date, but there is no way of knowing if a conflict exists on any future dates until after the meeting has been setup/sent, and the room declines the series. Any thoughts on how to work around this?

• naim0088 Profile Picture naim0088
    Posted at

Hello,

How can I link my share-point list with this powerapp template?

• lg270492 Profile Picture lg270492 133
    Posted at

Hi @aprildunnam , 

Firstly your template is amazing and I am pretty sure this will be well received in my company. 

Secondly, I am so close to having it set up (I think) but I am just having some issues with the desk list status not patching upon booking a desk. Any ideas where I need to look to fix this? 

Thanks

• Nollzie Profile Picture Nollzie 45
    Posted at

Hello April, the App is fantastic, I was wondering if you could help with a few things.  First item is the upcoming booking screen shows bookings that are in the past. The second Item is I have changed the App a bit to manage our Pool Cars and would like to add a way for the user to enter the milage on the car after their trip and note any damage or service required. Third thing is the app shows a warning.

Nollzie_0-1680570392252.png

Can you please show how to fix that if possible. 

Thank you for the great App. 

Thank you for your time.

Brian

• smwadwaa Profile Picture smwadwaa
    Posted at

This is a great template that can be used in different industries to resolve several desk booking scenarios. Great template!

• CheneEm73 Profile Picture CheneEm73
    Posted at

Hi April

Thank you so much for this App!!! It is amazing!! Where can I find the lists that you created to work with the App?  

• TUL Profile Picture TUL 6
    Posted at

@aprildunnam I've downloaded the resources DeskBooking_20200714003020.zip and DeskReservationListProvisioner_20200717134944.zip from GitHub, but I can't import them into my tenant. Every time I try I get the message "Something went wrong. Please try again later.". Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I've eventually managed to use the DeskBooking.msapp solution.

• AnnetteM Profile Picture AnnetteM 179
    Posted at

Thanks for providing context on the correct filter option. Any way around the delegation issue? Would you consider a flow that purges past reservations?

• N3rdAlert Profile Picture N3rdAlert
    Posted at

I found that the logic for filtering the desks didn't work if users selected different time windows.  I decided on one of two options.  Either ignore the time or correct the logic.  I also incorporated the use of the active field on the ignore time option.  Here's the code for each:

//Does selected time overlap with existing reservations?

Filter(Desks,Not(Title in Filter('Desk Reservations',((CheckOutFrom <= startTime) && (CheckOutTo > startTime)) || ((CheckOutFrom < endTime) && (CheckOutTo >= endTime))).DeskText))

//Does selected date overlap with existing reservations and is desk active?

Filter(Desks,Not(Title in Filter('Desk Reservations', Text(CheckOutFrom,"mm-dd") = Text(startTime,"mm-dd")).DeskText) && Active<>0)

• richardcolton Profile Picture richardcolton
    Posted at

Should say as well that there is also a Delegation warning but I'm pretty sure that's always been there