Skip to main content

Notifications

ICS Calendar Invite

aprildunnam Profile Picture Posted by aprildunnam 704

calendarinvite.png

Title: ICS Calendar Invite

Description: This Flow take your SharePoint Calendar event items, automatically turn them into ICS Calendar files and email those out to your attendees.

Detailed Instructions: You'll need a SharePoint Calendar List template for this flow.  You will need to specify in the email who to send the invite to.  You can add a new column to your SharePoint list for "Attendees" to specify who to send the invites to.
Questions: I am open to answering questions about this Flow. Please ask right here as a reply.

Anything else we should know: This is a great solution for any kind of event scenario.  

Categories:

Comments

*This post is locked for comments

• juresti Profile Picture juresti 319
    Posted at
    ICS Calendar Invite

@BrianB 

You may want to use formatdatetime if "starttime" is a date time format data field.

Then in the format you can use what ever format for date and or time that you like.

For example:

'MM/dd/yyyy' or 'hhmm' or 'MMMM dddd, yyyy at hhmm aa' (spells out month and day) or 24 hour format 'HHmm' or only display the time

or what ever combination you like.

A quick search for date time format should give you full explanation and all available configurations.

• briancody96 Profile Picture briancody96
    Posted at
    ICS Calendar Invite

Hey April, watched your youtube video on this and it was super helpful. Right now I am trying to figure out how to compose the replace function for recurrence startTime and I have no idea how to reference the code within its self. I need to replace body with something that will let me replace the code for it to be clean. if you can help me out that would be awesome.

replace(replace(body('recurrence')?['startTime'],'-',''),':','')