Skip to main content

Notifications

App Creator Portal (Version 1)

I have been working on an app using the App Maker connector that would bring governance and support documentation closer to the app creator.

The app will show users their apps, and allow them to check compliance status and submit a support form. 

The support form is what IT would typically require as a Support Procedure Manual for new apps. 

The front page shows all apps that a user has, and an indicator of compliance status which is based on if the app has been published in the last 60 days, if the app description is filled out and if the support form has been completed.

appcreator1.JPG

The App Detail screen provides further details, a breakdown of the compliance status, the ability to submit the support form, an overview of users/roles of the app and the ability to email all users and re-publish the app.

appcreator2.JPG

The eMail app users opens a pop-up where you can select users to email - this could be useful to communicate version updates / changes. At the moment this doesn't support sending attachments. 

appcreator4.JPG

In the background, the Support Form is stored in a SharePoint list. Note: I have a Flow using the Admin Connectors set up that writes all apps and details (creator, ID) to the SharePoint list. This allows Service Managers to check who has and hasn't provided further details on the app. If you don't have this pre-populated, the Support Form in the app would need to be extended to write app name, creator etc back to this list.

appcreator3.JPG

This is Version 1 of the app, allowing app users to get a better overview of their apps and documentation.

I'm working on Version 2, that will include an approval process to get sign-off for an app and bring it into production / IT support or transition it to L2 IT support. 

Any ideas you have for this, please let me know!

Categories:

Comments

*This post is locked for comments

• iAm_ManCat Profile Picture iAm_ManCat 18,052
    Posted at

Hi @Anonymous 

You will need to set up your own SharePoint list with those fields and then set the App to look at that, and then remove the existing reference to the VAA source,

Kind Regards,

Sancho

• App Creator Portal (Version 1)

Hello

Thanks for this great app, very good ideal

But it seems I am not autorized to access the SharePoint list "VAA Default PowerApps"

Is there anything to do?

vynarim_0-1600960211997.png

vynarim_1-1600960235141.png

• Flowbginner Profile Picture Flowbginner 38
    Posted at

Is there already an update about version 2 available?

• App Creator Portal (Version 1)

Wonderful APP, will help me for the global release in my company

• Flowbginner Profile Picture Flowbginner 38
    Posted at

What a wonderful app!

Could you also share the Flow you've created?

Thanks already a lot!

• Softbear Profile Picture Softbear 58
    Posted at

Hello @Anonymous !

Nice application you made there!

Correct me if im wrong, but i can't use is to manage my model driven apps, right?

Sincerly,

Elias

• iAm_ManCat Profile Picture iAm_ManCat 18,052
    Posted at

Thanks for Sharing Manuela, very neat solution!

I hope you don't mind that I've taken a few parts of this for use in my own admin/creator apps - hadn't thought of including business impact, BCP and a few other bits within the App Help (Support Details in your App)

• Snowman25 Profile Picture Snowman25 2
    Posted at

Great, what would help if you can move App's from one Environment to an other ....