Skip to main content

Notifications

Batch Processing Sample - SharePoint

Jsquared Profile Picture Posted by Jsquared 9

BatchProcessing_Sample.gif

I recently needed to import a large amount of data into SharePoint using Power Automate. Anticipating that my Power Automate quota would be impacted if I added each item individually, I began searching the web for batch processing samples for SharePoint. Despite finding numerous samples, many of them failed to work. Consequently, I opted to create one that does.

• Upon execution of the flow, a list will be created.
  • Begin by setting your connection references.
  • Upon installing a solution, utilize the “Create List” flow to generate a list with appropriate column names.
  • You will encounter three distinct batch process samples, each varying in complexity.
  • Ensure that your environment variable is configured for SharePoint before initiating any batch process flows.
  • The batch process samples perform a range of tasks, including creating single or multiple items, as well as deleting multiple items. This approach may prove beneficial if you have strict quotas for Flow runs.
  • For instance, each creation of a SharePoint item consumes one flow run. In such cases, batch processing to create 100 items may be more efficient than creating them individually.
  • This method is particularly useful for large-scale migrations of documents or list items, as well as bulk uploads.
  • Each flow requires manual triggering.

Get the solution here 

Find more solutions: https://www.jsquaredsolutions.net/

Categories:

Comments

*This post is locked for comments