Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Apps Timesheet Template

aprildunnam Profile Picture Posted by aprildunnam 704

In this video I showcase my Power Apps Timesheet Template which lets you submit and keep track of weekly timesheets.

In this video you'll learn about:

✅ Repeating Tables in Power Apps

✅ ForAll()

✅ How to Patch new and existing records

✅ Working with Collections

The Power Apps Template and Flow to provision the list can be found here: https://github.com/aprildunnam/PowerApps/tree/master/Timesheet

Categories:

Comments

*This post is locked for comments

• MattSkelton Profile Picture MattSkelton
    Posted at

Hi, I have imported and started using this application but am struggling to update the gallery on the TimeCardContinue screen. In the gallery when you click the + to add a new entry for the week whichever row from the gallery that you added from, the Bill To field just goes blank. Within the patch it appears to be loading in the ID and Value of the Bill To property correctly but it is not showing in the row itself. If you select save or submit for approval it doesn't change the Bill To in the SharePoint list item to be blank, which makes me think it is something related to the patch function itself within the OnSelect option. 

• cmsouth Profile Picture cmsouth 6
    Posted at

Here is the fix for the date display (using syntax for 2024).  I found another fix elsewhere on the web, but the syntax was a year or so before and didn't work.  Also finding where to change was a bit of hunt/peck.  Here's where i made the change:
    - click (x) "variables" on the left side panel

- expand Global Variables and click currentMonday

- click App.OnStart under it and go to the formula bar  -- paste in this formula, save and test

Concurrent(
    Set(
    currentUser,
    User()
    ),
    Set(
    currentMonday,
    DateAdd(
    Today(),
    -1 * (Weekday
    (Today(),StartOfWeek.Monday)-1),TimeUnit.Days)
    ),
    Set(
    weeksList,
    ForAll(
    Sequence(20,0,1),
    DateAdd(Today(),-1 * (Weekday(Today(),StartOfWeek.Monday) - 1) +Value*7-28,TimeUnit.Days)

))
    );

• dj2480 Profile Picture dj2480
    Posted at

@aprildunnam , Hi was this issue resolved for me? I have implemented this in my Company and the app is in prod. Suddenly this issue appears where the start date of the week in the list is not Monday. Please see below. Please help me out with this. I haven't made any changes in the code. 

dj2480_0-1698958969567.png

Posted at

Jax, the delete icon isn't working for me either when there is a record stored in the TimeEntries list.   I thinking that some indicator needs to be stored on the record, and at save time it the indicator is turned on, then do a purposeful delete from the SharePoint List -- any better idea?

Posted at

I love this app -- saving so much time!!!  You rock!  I did not see the flow mentioned in the github, but i was able to manually create the sharepoint lists.

• simone-stoller Profile Picture simone-stoller 32
    Posted at

Hi April, 

Im looking to build a timesheets for employees to fill in that is based on a fortnight. This would need a start time, finish time, breaks taken with total hours for the fortnight that will go to the manager for approval. 

do you have or do you know of any videos that can assist with this ? 

thank you 

Simone 

• Power Apps Timesheet Template

Yes, I was able to import it, i am not sure if i need to setup any columns in sharepoint. 

Currently i see many errors in Apps & Flows both

MadhuKumar91_0-1669893540025.pngMadhuKumar91_1-1669893552884.png

MadhuKumar91_2-1669893565615.pngMadhuKumar91_3-1669893581695.pngMadhuKumar91_4-1669893591487.pngMadhuKumar91_5-1669893619069.png

• jaxkookie Profile Picture jaxkookie 18
    Posted at

Have you imported the resource successfully?  Before making any changes can you run it?

Hi @jaxkookie , @aprildunnam 

I am trying to implement the same tool in my company, unfortunately I am facing many challenges post importing the file to PA & Apps. Do you have some time to help me on this?

I am learning PowerApps now and have limited knowledge on the tool. your help would be really appreciated.

Hi @jaxkookie 

I am trying to implement the same tool in my company, unfortunately I am facing many challenges post importing the file to PA & Apps. Do you have some time to help me on this?

I am learning PowerApps now and have limited knowledge on the tool.