Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Building Flows / Power Automate doesn't...
Building Flows
Suggested answer

Power Automate doesn't seem to like numbers or dates?

Posted on by 8
Hi everyone,

So I'm building a relatively simple 'For a selected Row (excel), send an email' flow.

I am able to get the flow to run successfully with any dynamic content that is text, such as Customer name, address etc.

However as soon as I try to add dynamic content that is a number or date, the flow doesn't work, and shows an error of "The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Integer.'.

When I change any of the data within the excel cells to make it like text, the flow works. For example if I change a date from '31/08/2024' to just '31 08 2024', the flow works. Or if I change an account number from '12345' to '1 2345' that enables the flow to run too.

Would anyone have any suggestions please? 

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's the flow, sorry. The 'Last_bill_to' (date) dynamic content and 'AccNo' (number) cause the problems. If I either remove these fields from the flow, or the data in the excel file is written as text, it works (for example writing the date with spaces, or an account number with letters added to it).
  • Suggested answer
    SB-12091310-0 Profile Picture
    SB-12091310-0 8 on at
    Fixed - I changed this to use the NON deprecated version of 'For a selected Row' which then enabled me to use the formatted dynamic content selections, and it now takes the dates and numbers absolutely fine.
  • SB-12091310-0 Profile Picture
    SB-12091310-0 8 on at
    Deleted this comment after adding the flow to the original post

• Suggested answer
    FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 23,258 on at
    Hi

That is specifically because whatever action you are using requires it to be Text. FYI next time share your flow please, dont just write paragraphs.

Its very straight forward, you have a requirement in your Flow for the "thing" to be a string.
    Why would you expect it to accept a Number, where its literally required to be a string.

• SB-12091310-0 Profile Picture
    SB-12091310-0 8 on at
    Thanks Chriddle. I've formatted numbers as numbers, and dates as dates, but the flow fails. I can't see what I'm doing wrong here?

• Chriddle Profile Picture
    Chriddle 6,689 on at
    PA does like Numbers and dates ;)
    Just format your Excel columns to the required types and stick to it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics