Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Build A Canvas App / How change GUID() func...
Build A Canvas App
Suggested answer

How change GUID() function to avoid delegation issue?

Posted on by 240
Hi, 

I've table "Aktivity" in Dataverse with column column  "indikator_hlavni_aktivita". It is text data type column. 
Then in app I have function to remove item from Dataverse table. I use Lookup to identify the correct item from table. This mechanizm is within ForAll loop. So I cannot use Set() for example.

Code (delegation warring GUID(), simplified part of the code):

ForAll(
    colGridUpdates_V2 As record;

Remove(Aktivity_1;LookUp(Aktivity_1; GUID(indikator_hlavni_aktivita) = record.Aktivita))

)

Can anyone advise me how to replace the function so that it does not return the problem with the delegation. Or a proposal for a workaround solution? 

Thanks.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Nandit Profile Picture
    Nandit 1,091 on at
    How change GUID() function to avoid delegation issue?
    Hi TomasG,

For this you should use the Unique Identifier column in your Dataverse table.
    You can find it by opening your table, clicking on the columns button, and find the column that has the data type "Unique Identifier".

You will then modify your Remove code like this:
    ForAll(
        colGridUpdates_V2 As record;

Remove(Aktivity_1;LookUp(Aktivity_1; 'Unique Identifier Column' = record.'Unique Identifier Column'))

)

This should work. Hope this helps.

Kind regards, 
    Nandit

If this answers your query, please mark this response as the answer.
    If its helpful, please leave a like. Thanks!

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics