Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Answered

Change Directline

Posted on by 74

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has changed the directline for the WebChat to another Copilot Studio bot. What I'm trying to do is send an event to the channel, which is a webpage and then somehow change the bot that the user is interacting with to another Copilot Studio Bot. This doesn't seem straightforward and I haven't had success in a couple hours of trying. Is this even possible? Or is there another, simpler way to do it? I can essentially capture the event in the javascript and execute some code, but haven't been able to change the directline and again render the WebChat. Any tips?

Thanks
Wesley

• Verified answer
    wswitzer Profile Picture
    wswitzer 74 on at
    Re: Change Directline

Thanks @adilei. I was able to get it to work shortly after I posted the message. It turns out that the bot I was trying to access via directline wasn't yet published and was giving an error with a description that pointed in that direction. Once I published it, I was indeed able to change bots with the webchat seemlessly with the directline token.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at
    Re: Change Directline

You would need to get a new Directline token from a new token endpoint. 

What is you client doing? Can you share?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 137,998

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics