Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Microsoft Dataverse / Reorder Booking Status...
Microsoft Dataverse
Unanswered

Reorder Booking Status Control Options

Posted on by 6
Hi All,

I have a bit of a niche request. On the Booking form, there is an out of the box control for the Booking Status (lookup) field that renders the options as an option set that users can pick from. There are definitely some that are used much more frequently than others, so I would really like to reorder these options. However, since this is not an actual choice field, I'm not able to reorder the options how I normally would. 

I have also tried adding a Sort Order field to the view that this control is using, which unfortunately did not change the order within the control, as well as trying to create an entirely new view. I'm not totally sure why this control would offer the selection of different views when any view shows the options in the same order.

Here is a screenshot of the control I am talking about. Again, all I would really like is the option to reorder these choices:

• Suggested answer
    Shashank Bhide Profile Picture
    Shashank Bhide 758 on at
    Booking status in OOB field service or customer service is a look-up for me not optionset. what's the schemaname on your side? if it's lookup then you can possibly modify the values in a way that they come in order like adding 1-Committed, 2-Scheduled ....................., if you want greater control then perhaps you have to write a plugin on retrieveRequest to control the ordering, but I'm not sure why are you getting it as an optionset.

• WarrenBelz Profile Picture
    WarrenBelz 140,745 on at
    You can do it like this - note that you only need to hard-code the ones you want at the top (the rest will sort alphabetically)
    SortByColumns(
       Choices(ListName.LookupField),
       "Value",
       [
          "Travelling",
          "Committed",
          "Scheduled",
          . . . . . . . 
       ]
    )

Please click Does this answer your question if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.
    MVP (Business Applications)     Visit my blog Practical Power Apps    Buy me a coffee

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,745

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics