Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Unanswered

Sorry, something unexpected happened. We’re looking into it. Error code: AccessToBotDenied.

Posted on by 9

I've published a Copilot chatbot on Teams and have given access to a few members of my Teams to test it out. The bot worked as expected to most of my team members however certain team members are facing AccessToBotDenied error. How should I go from here?

Error:

Sorry, something unexpected happened. We’re looking into it. Error code: AccessToBotDenied. Conversation ID: xxxxxxx. Time (UTC): xxxxxxx.

Categories:
  • KTNN0 Profile Picture
    KTNN0 29 on at
    Re: Sorry, something unexpected happened. We’re looking into it. Error code: AccessToBotDenied.

In Copilot studio, I was able to follow the steps to create a copilot that is connected to a SharePoint site as a source.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-VYwC6Akiw

With my global admin account, in the SharePoint site, I can query the content of the site. However when I connect with another regular user account (read or write on the site), it gets the error 'AccessToBotDenied' after entering the code.

For all users to use a bot (copilot - power virtual agent), do we need to give them specific permissions, licences? How to give them access to Dataverse?

This is what I tried without success:

Power Platform Admin Center > Environments > click environment > click see all under Users > click user > Manage roles > check Bot Transcript Viewer, Dataverse Search Role, Dataverse Service Role

SOLUTION: Solved: Re: Error AccessToBotDenied Copilot - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

• TV-03050653-0 Profile Picture
    TV-03050653-0 35 on at
    Re: Sorry, something unexpected happened. We’re looking into it. Error code: AccessToBotDenied.

Hi @kailim , where did you give the access to Dataverse? Having the same issue I guess..

• kailim Profile Picture
    kailim 9 on at

I found out the solution myself. For my case it was the problem with data access. Make sure the user who are using the bot has access to your Dataverse. After allowing access, they were able to use the bot without problem.

• _JK_ Profile Picture
    _JK_ 2 on at

Were you able to get any resolution here?  Bumped into the same error trying to demo an internal bot as well, but not much info on the error otherwise.  In our case it's occurring on the Demo Website channel - works for myself as the author and some users, but not others get the error.

• kailim Profile Picture
    kailim 9 on at

1) Publish Copilot

2) At admin.teams.microsoft.com > search user > policies > add app permission policy to user

3) At admin.teams.microsoft.com > search user > policies > add setup policy change to user

Note that the chatbot was working fine before, just all of a sudden gave out that error to a few users. 

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

How did you share it with your team members? Can you describe the steps?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics