Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Answered

When using a Dataverse for Teams chat bot, do all users need adding to the team?

Posted on by 24

Can anyone advise please?  I've been unable to determine for sure if this is a requirement from reading the documentation. Ideally I would like to do this, so that users don't need to have an extra team in their list and the user can go straight to the chatbot from the: Apps, Built for your organisation place.

I have submitted my chatbot for admin approval in the PVA studio. Then in the Teams Admin Module,  I've approved the chatbot (in manage apps), and added the bot as an allowed custom app in the permission policy.

Users are able to install and engage with the bot, but they receive the response "Sorry, you don't have access to talk to the bot".

If I add the user to the team the problem does not occur.

Am I missing something? Do the users still need to be added to the team's environment even though they aren't in the team perhaps?

Any help appreciated, thanks Andrew.

• Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 29,370 on at
    Re: When using a Dataverse for Teams chat bot, do all users need adding to the team?

Hi @andrew_b1,

Thanks for the update. Great to hear that it finally works now 🙂

• andrew_b1 Profile Picture
    andrew_b1 24 on at
    Re: When using a Dataverse for Teams chat bot, do all users need adding to the team?

I eventually managed to overcome the problem of adding bot to the Teams permission policy and found that your (Expiscornovus ) suggestions worked.  I think it was still added to team - I was initially using the Full Dataverse version of PVA studio to edit the bot where this isn't as obvious to see.

So my DfT chatbot is now working properly for users who are not added to the Team. 😀

Hi @andrew_b1,

If the publishing status of the app is published and it is marked as a custom app in the manage apps overview I would also expect you would be able to add it to your custom app permission policy.

publishedstatus_allowed.png

andrew_b1 24 on at

Thanks for your suggestion Expiscornovus. I have tried re-publishing and ensuring the bot isn't shared with the team. I am getting a different problem now, in that within Teams admin I am unable to add the bot to the permissions policy as a custom app (On trying to save I get the error We can't save the app permission policy right now. Try again. If you continue to have problems, contact Microsoft customer support.)  So perhaps I may have to do that.  NB the error doesn't go away if I add the bot back to teams. and I have encountered this when trying to add a full dataverse chat bot. it's just that initially I was able to add my DfT chatbot to the permission policy.

• Verified answer
    Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Hi @andrew_b1,

Is it also still shared with your team as well? I believe you need to remove that first.

Publish and share your new chatbot - Learn | Microsoft Docs

sharewithmyteamsetting.png

Hi @andrew_b1,

Thanks for checking. Did you also published after changing those access setting?

I see a similar thread were they suggested the same thing:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General/Sorry-you-don-t-have-access-to-talk-with-the-bot/m-p/741327

andrew_b1 24 on at

Yes. In the PVA studio under security, access I have set to Everyone in my Organization

Hi @andrew_b1 

Just to double check, have you configured access to everyone in your organisation?

Configure access and authentication - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics