Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - AI Builder
Unanswered

When I save the flow, it breaks something that currently works

Posted on by 2
Hello! 

We have a form that needs to have its results saved to an excel. I've been using power automate to do this process.

However, I recently needed to change the flow slightly. However, whenever I make the change, I get the following error:

Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowOperationParametersExtraParameter' and message 'The API operation does not contain a definition for parameter

Flowchecker is no help, and I know where the issue is occurring in the flow, but I don't know why its not working: that part of the flow works perfectly fine right now, and I'm making the change on the parallel branch anyways!

See attached images for what the flows look like. The ONLY change I made was deleting the parallel branch, which does NOT branch 2 at all (the remaining branch that currently works fine- I've even run a test flow and that works perfectly!)
Categories:
  • Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 29,911 on at
    Apologies, I missed those column headers. Yes, in your Excel column names you are also using forward slashes I see.

So, I would start by avoiding the forward slashed in there. Can you rename those columns and remove the forward slash and try again?
  • PF-03091439-0 Profile Picture
    PF-03091439-0 2 on at
    Expiscornovus

I don't think it has anything to do with formstack's naming convention:

putting in "blahblahblah" or any other value still results in the error for this excel field. Maybe it has something to do with the excel names?

Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowOperationParametersExtraParameter' and message 'The API operation does not contain a definition for parameter 'item/Site.Building location'.'.
    It looks like some of your fields have special characters in them and it is unable to handle those. I have seen that in the past with for example the dot character and the forward slash character in attribute names.

In your screenshot that is Site.Building with the dot character. With this dot it will try and find a building field nested within the Site field. However, in your case it is a single field.

Best to avoid these type of special characters in your field names. Is there any way that you can change the field names in Formstack? 

• dwedding3 Profile Picture
    dwedding3 11 on at
    Here's the adding a row to the table, expanded, as requested (or at least a few of the 50 columns)

Error specifically calls out "Site.Building location" (the last one). When I remove THAT one, the next one gives me an error. This goes on for at least 10 of the parameters- I haven't checked past that.

Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowOperationParametersExtraParameter' and message 'The API operation does not contain a definition for parameter 'item/Site.Building location'.'.
    Can you share screenshots of the configuration of the Add a row into a table and Post a message in a chat or channel 3 actions? 

In your current screenshots both those actions are collapsed. Expanding them would give as a bit more information and would help troubleshoot your issue.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,745

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard