Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Microsoft Dataverse / Entity Document Manage...
Microsoft Dataverse
Unanswered

Entity Document Management configuration

Posted on by 56
I am testing out the Document Management feature for dataverse entities. I have an entity setup and it's working, but I can't seem to find an option to configure the location it writes to.

Once I follow the guide to configure sharepoint and setup power platform environment, I end up with a new Library in sharepoint that will receive the uploaded documents. the location would look something like this:

https://mysharepoint/site/mysite/MyEntityName/recordDescription/...

In this URL, MyEntityName becomes a new library. If I turn on document management for a second or third entity, they will have their own libraries. I do not want this. I want all different entity documents to go in the same library. Is this possible?

• Suggested answer
    Fubar Profile Picture
    Fubar 7,373 on at
    Possible = Yes, but not out of the box.  What you need to do will depend on exactly how you need it structured in SharePoint.
    There is a Table called Document Location, when you enable a Table you will get a Document Location record created that points to the Library - same thing happens when you create a new record for a Table (and visit the Documents grid the first time), you get a Document Location record created whose parent is the Library Document Location.
    You need to set (e.g. programatically) these Document Location records to the values you want, however note the one for the Record doesn't get created until you navigate to the grid so you may need to create the Default Document Location record from scratch.
  • Shashank Bhide Profile Picture
    Shashank Bhide 758 on at
    Yes, AFAIR this is how the OOB SP setup works, you could take a customization route using power automate to park the documents in the same library.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics