Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Building Power Apps / How to not get Patch c...
Building Power Apps
Unanswered

How to not get Patch conflicts?

Posted on by 110
Hello - I have a PA where whenever a user changes a data item, it patches the updated data to Sharepoint immediately. This works great until the user tries to work "too fast", and then we get a conflict error. As if, if I could just pause the PA enough between the user's mouse clicks, the error wouldn't happen. Is there a way to "pause" the power for 1 second after each Patch event, or something like that? THANKS!
Categories:
  • timl Profile Picture
    timl 31,547 on at
    Hi CedarTree72

You could maybe experiment with the spinner component from the Creator Kit.

This could help block the user from triggering another Patch whilst a Patch is in progress.

• CedarTree72 Profile Picture
    CedarTree72 110 on at
    Thanks! That's right. There's a patch that I run when "On Change" is triggered. Any specific examples of code you can point to? You would think (?) that PA would finish a patch before allowing the user to continue "entering data". Perhaps what I can do for every field is exit the OnChange code while the Wait variable is still active?

Thanks!
  • WarrenBelz Profile Picture
    WarrenBelz 141,122 on at
    I assume here that you have an editable gallery with a Patch OnChange of each control in the record ? There would be a a way of starting a timer before the patch code for a second or so setting a Variable to true and then to false OnTimeEnd and making all the other fields View only while the Variable was true. To be honest I have never seen this issue posted, so I may not be correct in my assumption on your process.

Please click Does this answer your question if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.
    MVP (Business Applications)     Visit my blog Practical Power Apps    Buy me a coffee

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard