Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Apps Pro Dev & ISV
Suggested answer

Dataverse model drive app: New table: Customize main form: "Error loading control"

Posted on by 20
Started a new solution based on a tutorial by "Lisa Crosbie". Created a solution name Recruitment adding one table and one table add automatically. I added a table called "Role" and one column is a look up column for the "Owner" creating a many to one connection with related table: Microsoft Entra ID. After entering one record and updating the forms and views, I tried customizing the main form, which loaded with a working header. But the body section items contained "Error loading control" When moving an item to the header the item worked as it should. I tried clearing cache, starting a section (no love). Have been working on for about 10 hours. HELP! pictures below.

Solution created
Tables
Data for row/record
Associated main form customization errors.

• Suggested answer
    JJ-16091132-0 Profile Picture
    JJ-16091132-0 4 on at
    Dataverse model drive app: New table: Customize main form: "Error loading control"
    Hi Nunzino,
    did you find a solution to this issue? We're experiencing exactly this:
    -"all of the sudden" ALL fields on ALL forms in ALL of our environments are shown as 'error loading control' 
    -cleared cache, used incognito sessions to be sure, to no avail
    -when moving a field to the header, all seems fine
    -the old UI shows perfectly working forms (as does the front end, fortunately)
    -the past 48 hours, Microsoft has installed 149 patches to our environments... I think we can stop looking, but who's going to solve it?

Jeroen

• Suggested answer
    MichaelFP Profile Picture
    MichaelFP 1,063 on at
    Are you trying to have the owner by Microsoft Entra ID Users?

If it is your plan, the Dataverse has this out-of-box, you don't need to create a new lookup  with the Microsoft Entra ID Table. 

When you create a new you must select the type of the owner in a table, you have two options:

- Organization: Means that everybody can have access to this table, so there is no owner.
     - User or Team: you will have owner to each record.

The second option will create for you a field called ownerid that is the user who log in the into Dataverse, this user is the user from Microsoft Entra ID.

If my answer helped you please Like the post. If solve your question please mark as answer.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard