Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Unanswered

Add vocal capabilities to existing PVA bot (Direct Line Speech)

Posted on by 2

We want to give vocal capabilities to one of our PVA bots.
"Direct Line Speech" channel on PVA panel gives an endpoint url in this form:

https://default...environment.api.powerplatform.com/powervirtualagents/bots/..../directline/token?api-version=2022-03-01-preview

but it's not clear how to connect to it.
The link provided as an help to configure the channel points to: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2208311

which returns a 404 error.

Can someone help?

• Farhaan Profile Picture
    Farhaan 5 on at
    Re: Add vocal capabilities to existing PVA bot (Direct Line Speech)

The solution helped me, thankyou.

• Re: Add vocal capabilities to existing PVA bot (Direct Line Speech)

Due to the nature of it being non-native, this is going to require some code-level investment. An additional page that might be useful: Use a Power Virtual Agents bot as a skill in Bot Framework bots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Learn.

Some other customers have engaged AudioCodes who have a pattern for extending PVA for telephony (largely using the same mechanism, but they've done a bunch of the work). It's a standalone offering from outside Microsoft but can be integrated with PVA.

• Gujano Profile Picture
    Gujano 4 on at
    Re: Add vocal capabilities to existing PVA bot (Direct Line Speech)

Is there anyone has done this with actual "working" sample? I find the documentation (in the links) almost impossible to follow, and the sample code for the "RelayBotSample" from the github is actually nothing there... is it only me who find almost all the documentation on how to connect PVA to a Bot Service Channels not helpful at all?

• Re: Add vocal capabilities to existing PVA bot (Direct Line Speech)

The DirectLine Speech channel isn't actually native to PVA, it's implemented via the Azure Bot Service.  You would end up building a Bot Framework bot, and then connecting your PVA bot to it.  The below was lifted from a post by Henry Jammes (modified for DL Speech).

While not easy, I don't think it's impossible if you have Azure Bot Service and developer expertise.

Useful resources:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics