Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Power Query / I can't update my data...
Power Query
Answered

I can't update my dataverse table with primary/key column

Posted on by 12

Hello! Thanks for taking time to look at my question!

I built a dataflow that populates data from an excel sheet to a dataverse table. I set all columns to text and select which column I want to use as a key. The dataverse table is populated correctly.

I then change the dataflow's load setting from "Load to a new table" to "Load to existing table", select the same table, but the "select key" doesn't display my primary key column. I check the table and that column is a text field and is set as primary.

I don't know if this is helpful but this is being built in a dev/sand box environment.

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 28,855 on at
    I can't update my dataverse table with primary/key column
    Hi

A dataverse tables primary Key is a GUID.  So you are trying to populate an existing table that whose key is defined as the default value of GUID, not a Text value (well its text, but you aren't giving it a guid) 
    So it fails as expected for what you have above.

If you look at your Table and you look at the columns you will have a Unique id that is a GUID, not the column you chose.

I cannot see anything as you just provided words.

But thats why it is failing.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics