Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Microsoft Dataverse / User authentification ...
Microsoft Dataverse
Unanswered

User authentification Dataverse image url

Posted on by 481

Hi all, 

I have a canvas application connected to Dataverse. In my table there is an image column. I have created the dynamic url so that the image launches in the browser when a user clicks on it (https://<organisation>.crm4.dynamics.com/Image/download.aspx?Entity=<TableName>&Attribute=<ColumnName>&Id=<LineID>&Full=true). The issue I am having is that the first time the link doesn't work because the user isn't authenticated. If the user clicks https://<organisation>.crm4.dynamics.com/ they are asked to log in and once this is done the url will work. My question is, how can I force this authentication so that the users can click on the image straight away ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Categories:
  • Shashank Bhide Profile Picture
    Shashank Bhide 874 on at
    did you try download method? However, I guess that'll also be blocked for authentication. I think you need to get the base64 data of the image, this can be done by calling a power automate and having the power automate convert the image data to its base64 equivalent. The idea is that your canvas app should have the full image data instead of a URL pointer.
  • Nebulas Profile Picture
    Nebulas 95 on at
    Hi there

I have exactly the same behaviour after implementing the same URL method on image column. I am not sure that there is a good workaround for this but curious to know if you ever found one?

In addition, this method enabled me as the app owner/author to view the images in the browser, however after sharing the app with other users (Including setting up a custom role with permissions to the appropriate dataverse entities) when they click on the images they are presented with a screen saying "User x does not belong to the organisation). They are however able to create new records and upload to the image column without any issues.

Then when trying to access the base URL to login (I.e. the workaround you referred to) they are presented with the same error screen.

Did you encounter this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics