Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Microsoft Dataverse / Warning: Inherited att...
Microsoft Dataverse
Unanswered

Warning: Inherited attribute set, which will be ignored as attribute is unmanaged

Posted on by 17

I just got the following warning message:

Solution "***" imported successfully with warnings: The role *** with id=*** has IsInherited attribute set, which will be ignored as attribute is unmanaged.

For a security role that is part of a managed solution when deploying from a dev to a prod environment. This warning wasn't there during the last deployment and the security role hasn't been updated since then.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any advice on what to look into?

• alexthompson Profile Picture
    alexthompson 17 on at
    Warning: Inherited attribute set, which will be ignored as attribute is unmanaged
    Hey Luke,
    Yeah, that seems to be it. Sounds good.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Alex
  • Luke_Sartain Profile Picture
    Luke_Sartain 5 on at
    Hi Alex

I've experienced same issue in all of the environments I manage. The issue is that the Member's privilege inheritance setting on Security Roles is no longer being exported as part of the solution.
    This started happening sometime last week in all environments and as you can see from recent solution unpack commit it's no longer there.

I've got a ticket open with Microsoft about it and can update accordingly once a response has been provided.

Luke
  • ivan_apps Profile Picture
    ivan_apps 2,189 on at
    Re: Warning: Inherited attribute set, which will be ignored as attribute is unmanaged

Security roles are one of those things that are often customized/fine-tuned in prod so I wouldn’t be surprised if someone made a change. If the role matches the permissions you expect, I wouldn’t worry too much about it

• Parvez Ghumra Profile Picture
    Parvez Ghumra 1,572 on at
    Re: Warning: Inherited attribute set, which will be ignored as attribute is unmanaged

@alexthompson I haven't seen this warning previously. But I would recommend checking:
    1. Whether the Security Role in question is actually managed in the target envrionment

2. Whether the Security Role in question has any unmanaged layers in the target environment. If so, I'd suggest removing them.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,076

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,535

Leaderboard

Featured topics