Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Answered

PVA Governance problems

Posted on by 17

We need to understand how we can check the chat-bot content before uploading it to custom apps.

It appears that once the chat-bot is loaded, the developer can repost it and the chat-bot will be updated automatically without any admin consent / review / approval.

How to allow the admin to publish the chat bot only and prevent the owner from the chat bot?

Is there any way to clone a chat-bot created in PVA to a team in Teams? (it seems that cloning a chat-bot may only be possible with Chat-bot created in Power Apps env)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alex 

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at
    Re: PVA Governance problems

Hi @Alexius4 ,

Yes, I got it.

Explaining better...

1- When a user develops a chatbot for a Team, when he published it, it'll be visible only for this team

Today, we have two options:

- Share with your team: Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

- Share with your org: Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

So, if you want to restrict only a certain group to see the chatbot, you need to create your chatbot for a private team selecting a specific team.

E.g.

Renato Organization

Teams

- Renato Company (everyone)

- HR (5 members)

- Finance (2 members)

If I want to do a finance chatbot, I will create this bot related to the Finance team and share it with my team.

In the future, if I want to add from all organization, I can submit to admin, and the admin can approve it.

• Alexius4 Profile Picture
    Alexius4 17 on at

Thanks @renatoromao for your prompt answer, appreciated. 

Unfortunately this is what we are experienced with no alternative so far and for our internal policy having the "chatbot owner" able to publish and update the chatbot without governance it is a problem as you can imaging.

Not clear to me the point one "1- When a user develops a chatbot for a Team, when he published it, it'll be visible only for this team", could you please detail it a bit more just to understand better? Is there a way to restrict permissions of people that can access to a specific chatbot? We don't have this option maybe due to some restrictions applied by tenant admin.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at

Hi @Alexius4 ,

Some important concepts for PVA for Teams:

1- When a user develops a chatbot for a Team, when he published it, it'll be visible only for this team

2- If the user wants to publish for all organization, the admin must approve it

3- Once published for both scenarios, the user (chatbot owner) can edit and publish it again without any approval

4- Today, it's not possible yet to move bots between teams (environments) and can't copy too, only for PVA web app (Microsoft Teams PVA - copy solution for another te... - Power Platform Community)

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,243

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,555

Leaderboard

Featured topics