Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Extensibility / Sending previous trans...
Bot Extensibility
Answered

Sending previous transcript to a skill bot

Posted on by

Hi, I think it is not possible to send the previous chat when calling a skill bot, is it?

I am looking into the possibility of implementing a "handoff" feature with a skill bot, instead of leave it to be implemented by an external interceptor of the handoff event.

Thanks,

Ernesto

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at
    Re: Sending previous transcript to a skill bot

Hi @Anonymous ,

Exactly, the conversation transcript will be stored until 6 hours after the final of the conversation. It's a Microsoft rule.

• Re: Sending previous transcript to a skill bot

Hi Renato, thanks for your suggestion.

I have looked into the contents of my CDS ConversationTranscript entity, and I only see conversations from yesterday. It seems that conversations are stored there with a delay, so they can't be consulted live. That makes this approach not usable for my use case, right?

• Verified answer
    pawan-msft Profile Picture
    pawan-msft on at

@Anonymous - That's correct. There's no way to achieve this today. One way you can achieve your scenario is to store the chat transcript client-side and send an event activity to the Skill once the conversation starts. Once you're talking to the skill, you should be able to send event activities.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,819 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, today you can't recover the chat with the user.

If you want to integrate with Bot Framework (skills), I recommend you to read the below post that I created a solution using Power Automate. You can reuse parts of my solution to get the conversation history using Power Automate and Common Data Service, and maybe you can use the skills to call Power Automate using the REST API.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-to-a-conversation-with-a/m-p/564087

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,076

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,535

Leaderboard

Featured topics