Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Answered

Error AccessToBotDenied Copilot

Posted on by 37

In Copilot studio, I was able to follow the steps to create a copilot that is connected to a SharePoint site as a source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-VYwC6Akiw

With my global admin account, in the SharePoint site, I can query the content of the site. However when I connect with another regular user account (read or write on the site), it gets the error 'AccessToBotDenied' after entering the code.

For all users to use a bot (Copilot), do we need to give them specific permissions, licences?

Categories:
  • YassineI Profile Picture
    YassineI 55 on at
    Re: Error AccessToBotDenied Copilot

It was correctly shared, the issue was comming from the "Chatbot" Control in Canvas App. It takes an hardcoded params "Environment ID". The bot displayed in the UAT app was the DEV bot and for obvious reasons the DEV one was not shared with the users. 

• LFSiGue Profile Picture
    LFSiGue 2 on at

"The definitive solution involved granting permissions in Copilot Studio. Under the Security menu, not only follow video instructions granting permissions at authentication option, also select 'Share' and grant permissions to all tenant members."

• YassineI Profile Picture
    YassineI 55 on at

Hi @adilei !

Does the App registration also need to be setup when we embed our copilot studio in Canvas App via the "Chatbot" control ?

• KTNN0 Profile Picture
    KTNN0 37 on at

I'm sharing the updated steps to follow how to create a chatbot on a SharePoint page.

Copilot Bot for SharePoint | KTNN SharePoint (wordpress.com)

• Verified answer
    adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Yes, permissions are necessary. See here: Share and collaborate on copilots with other users (contains video) - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,076

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,535

Leaderboard

Featured topics