Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

Calling same flow twice from same topic

Posted on by

I am working on an existing PVA topic and have a requirement where I need to reuse the flow logic on a different action node from the same topic. When I add the call action for the same flow, I am facing an error "Flow ID changed. Refresh the node"

Is this a limitation or am I missing something here?

shkaranam_0-1628197282844.png

Thanks!

Categories:
  • shkaranam Profile Picture
    shkaranam on at
    Re: Calling same flow twice from same topic

@eudmitri Thank you, I will delete and recreate both the nodes.

• eudmitri Profile Picture
    eudmitri on at

Interesting. I tried to repro and could not and I verified that that particular bit of logic is the only one that will produce that particular error message. Is it possible that someone else with access to that flow made some changes? If you open the Flow in Power Automate, what's the last modified date? The best way to verify for sure is to delete and re-create both action nodes, if you still get this error, please ping me directly on Teams and I will be very interested in getting the repro steps.

shkaranam on at

@eudmitri I have not made any changes to the flow. I am just trying to call it again from a different action node. Does this mean we cannot use the same flow multiple times in a topic?

• eudmitri Profile Picture
    eudmitri on at

@boberg @shkaranam This is working as designed, albeit with a confusing error message. The check that returns that message originally just checked the FlowId, so it made sense, but now it additionally checks:

• if the Flow's HTTP method (the back-end calls it via a RESTful API) has changed.
    • if the Flow's input/output parameters have changed.

There's no way to refresh the Action node as such, because the front-end client only fetches the Flow metadata to validate things such as: all required input variables are populated, their types are correct, etc. when adding the Action node, so it has to be removed and re-added.

shkaranam on at

@boberg Sadly, there is no option to refresh the action node. The only choice available is to delete it.

shkaranam_0-1628201845115.png

• boberg Profile Picture
    boberg on at

Hi shkaranam,

I can repro this if I add an action node to the flow, save it, then modify the flow itself, save it, then add a new action node to the same flow.  The original action node will now say that it needs to be refreshed.  It might be that the flow was modified since the original action node was added.  Could you double check if refreshing the first action node fixes the problem?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics