Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources

Posted on by 19

Hello Everyone, I am having the below issue and trying to connect to sharepoint website and I am getting the authentication issue and I can access SharePoint with the same credentials as the Copilot. Still I am facing this issue.

SharePoint connection was configured with different credentials.

How can I resolve this issue?

Please help.

Arun786_1-1716349754176.png

• GV-15071442-0 Profile Picture
    GV-15071442-0 2 on at
    Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources
    I'm having exact same issue as HS-12071415-0. When I publish my bot on teams it totally ignores sharepoint information, when I try with a public website it works properly.
  • Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources
    simillar problem from yesterday. Copilot has been updated? Since yesterday when I select 'write again with the copilot function'  doesn't correct it for me, it works quite differently. Until a few days ago, it corrected my text very well.  Today it works like a typical gpt chat. The text looks the same after correction. Almost nothing changes. So far it has worked capably and a bad tekt has improved into a really cool text. I would be grateful for your help.
  • HS-12071415-0 Profile Picture
    HS-12071415-0 2 on at
    Having exact same issue as StevenWade described in his response. Bot behaves very difference in Copilot Studio vs Teams. It totally ignores knowledge sources (SharePoint / OneDrive) and provides generic answers from internet.

Can anyone from Microsoft provide help?
  • RD-30061512-0 Profile Picture
    RD-30061512-0 2 on at
    Any update on this? Getting the same error. 
  • FRE091 Profile Picture
    FRE091 6 on at
    Same is happening with SharePoint connector. 
  • Suggested answer
    jhoffmann2 Profile Picture
    jhoffmann2 10 on at
    Hi All, 

we too ran in similar issues w/ documents hosted at a SharePoint site. As already said, at the moment it's important to switch Copilot authentication settings to manual and setup App Registration w/ EntraID correctly. 

What we hardly learned: the Copilot app launched and tested in Copilot Studio behaves another way as the very same Copilot app published, e.g. to a WebSite. In Copilot Studio you're still able to access SP content - even with Microsoft authentication which only applies to Microsoft Teams. You'll see that as you gonna publish Copilot app, too. That said, troubleshooting and debugging gets really worse.  We still didn't have had a look into SSON w/ Copilot App and SharePoint ... 

Rumors say, Microsoft will launch a new feature which also includes seamless SharePoint and OneDrive authentication "in a few weeks". We'll see. 

Good luck! Cheers, 
    Jochen.
  • akos1703 Profile Picture
    akos1703 2 on at
    @remidyon, would you be able to offer a bit more information on the App Registration part please? What API Permissions should we grant?

I am getting the following error:

• Suggested answer
    remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at
    Hi everyone -

I had feedback from engineering: this error is only displayed when using "authenticate with microsoft" - which is NOT sufficient for any data in the Graph (sharepoint, graph connectors).

If you set the authentication to "manual" (and you do the app registration, etc), go back to your topic, refresh the page then the error will be gone (there is a caching issue that does not clear that error after you change the authentication mechanism - hence the need to manually refresh the entire page).

We are going to fix this UI very soon.

There is another feature coming up in a few weeks to allow you to use "authenticate with microsoft" when using sharepoint but it has not been rolled out yet.

Rémi
  • remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at
    Hello,

This is a UI bug, the generative answer node will work and answer user questions despite the error message.

I have already opened an internal bug for our engineering team.

Thank you for your patience as we work in this.

Remi

• StevenWade Profile Picture
    StevenWade 127 on at
    I thought it was just me. I'm connected to a SharePoint site to which I have confirmed access. The Copilot successfully connects and generates results in Copilot studio even though the message "There are authentication errors in one or more of these resources."

I am using the "Authenticate with Microsoft" authentication setting, as the intent is to make my Copilot available in the Teams channel only.

I have read elsewhere that I need to configure authentication using "Authenticate Manually" to use SharePoint within Copilot Generative Answers, but I've also read that I DON'T need to do this if I'm limiting my publish scope to Microsoft Teams and using "Authenticate with Microsoft".

Can someone please clarify????

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard